5. Happy To Be Home

Two days later, Gabriel and Carl arrive in Vaseria. They are greeted by a creepy grave digger. "You! Turn around." Came a familiar feminine voice from behind them.

The two friends and the towns people turn to look at her. Gabriel half smiled. "Aren't you happy to see me?"

Anna looked confused for a minute until he tilted his hat up where she could see his face. She gasped in recognition. "Gabriel?" She asked in a whisper hoping it wasn't a dream.

"Hello, Anna."

She teared up in happiness and got down off the well to hug him. She hugged him to her like he might disappear if she let go. "It IS you." She wept in his ear. "I thought I was never gonna see you again. I tried to forget you and focused everything on my training."

Gabriel wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her temple. "I have a lot to explain when we get to the manor."

She pulled away only enough to look at him. "What do you mean?"

"I only remember my name and you. Other than that, I only know my life for the past seven years. Everything before that is fuzzy and a total blank."

"What happened?"

"I can't remember. All I know is that I wouldn't be alive right now if it weren't for the Vatican church. I was found half dead on the front steps."

"Oh my God."

Suddenly there's a screeching noise and the two pull apart to see vampires heading straight for them. Gabriel pulled out his bow and started shooting. Anna ducked in front of him.

After the fight was over a few minutes later, Anna was introduced to Carl and she led the two back to the manor. Once inside, Anna showed Carl a guest room he could stay in just after showing him the library and the tower. "And what about me?" Gabriel asked.

Anna giggled. "You're with me. I'm not being separated from you ever again." She replied and led him to her room. He closed the door as she walked over to her dresser. "You can change in the bathroom."

He pulled out his pajamas and went to the bathroom to change. Anna undressed as she heard the bathroom door close and quickly changed into a spaghetti strap red satin nightgown. The bathroom door open as she was pulling her hair out from being tucked in the gown and Gabriel walked over wrapping his arms around her waist. "You're so beautiful." He whispered in her ear.

She turned around in his arms wrapping her own around his neck. "And you've gotten more handsome."

Pulling her flush against him, she moaned. "I've missed you so much, My Love."

"And I have missed you. You have no idea how much." She replied.

He put a loose piece of her hair behind her ear and leaned down kissing her softly. She kissed back and he pulled away after a minute. "God I missed those."

She pecked his lips. "Me too. You still have my crucifix?"

He pulled it out of his pocket in his shirt. "You mean this one?"

Anna smiled. "I love you, Gabriel Van Helsing."

He pecked her lips. "I love you too, Anna. You know, this is why I remembered you when I lost my memory." He said putting the necklace back in his pajama shirt pocket.

"I guess it's good I gave it to you then. How would you know who I am without it to remind you?"

Gabriel smiled and they got into bed. Anna cuddled against him and he wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed her forehead. "Good nite, Darling."

She smiled. "Good nite, Love." She whispered as her eyes closed.