Chapter 3

Benson's jaw dropped. Rollins had to grab the back of her chair. Fin and Amaro didn't catch on immediately.
He took a sip of his coffee. "So where is he?" He finally realized and choked on his coffee. "You.. and Barba? No way. Really?!?" I laughed. "Yep." Benson was dying laughing. In between laughs she said "Well, as long as you keep it professional in the office." I grinned. "Of course."
Later that night

I loved nights like these. Raf didn't have any work to do and neither did I so we just snuggled on the couch and watched TV. My head was on his shoulder and his hand was on my back. His touch was so comforting. Suddenly, I felt a sharp, burning pain in my stomach. It was the worst thing I've ever felt. I let out a scream in pain and passed out.

I woke up in a hospital bed. I immediately panicked. The nurse walked in just as I was going to yell for help. "Ah, I see you're awake. You gave us quite the scare. How do you feel?" I took a deep breath. "Uh, tired and confused. What happened?" She gave me a cup of water. "Well according to your boyfriend, you screamed and then blacked out. We did blood tests and an ultrasound to find out what was wrong." My mind was racing a mile a minute. "So, what's wrong?" She took a deep breath in. "You were 4 weeks pregnant." I sat up fast "I 'was'? I miscarried?!?" She nodded. "Does anyone else know? Like my boyfriend?" She shook her head "No, we let patients reserve the right to tell their family themselves." I nodded. "Can he come in?" She checked my vitals monitor. "Sure. I'll call him in."

As soon as he walked in, I started calming down. "Mi amor, estas bien?" I smiled "I'm ok Raf, I just want to go home." He squeezed my hand. "I asked the doctor. You can leave whenever you want." "I want to leave now."

I was scared to tell him what happened. I was blaming myself for it. If I had known it, if I hadn't drank, if I stopped caffeine, if I didn't work as such a high stress job.. I knew I had to tell him, I just didn't know how.