Epilogue

"GUYS! GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!" Fircone yelled, bolting into the rec room. It had been three weeks since the Kilimanjaro Catastrophe (as Maia referred to it as), and Jess and Luke now had permanent bunks in the Big Six's bunkroom. None of them had seen Fircone very often since his recovery. Luke looked up from the book he was reading (The Red Badge of Courage; Maia had introduced him to their dimension's literature), Raj and Chris paused their video game, Thundra and Becka looked up from their chess game, Maia put down the manga book she was reading, and Jess looked up from her homework with a miffed look on her face. "Guys, I had a major breakthrough. I was randomly putting things together, and it made a portal! To Star Wars! Luke, I found a way to get you home!" Everything was silent. "Okay, I need to see this." Luke said, and they all trooped down to Fircone's workshop. The shimmering blue circle was indeed hanging in the middle of the room, but when Luke stepped through it, there was something off about it. Luke recognized X-wing fighters on the landing pads, but that was pretty much it. The overgrown bunkers and the transport vehicles, as well as the people walking around and working weren't ringing a bell. It looked entirely different than the New Republic base he was used to had. As her stared through the portal, there was one thought in Luke's mind: That's not home.

TO BE CONTINUED