Chapter 1

Reality sucks.

   My roommate and I share stories as we sit on the cold floor waiting for the guards to come in and take us to the lunch room. We have both heard these stories from one another many times due to all the boredom and how much time we have been together in here.

    Octavia Blake.

   Octavia is my roommate who has been locked up after she was found at a dance. Her mom had her hide under the floor when their house was checked or they had company. She told me many stories about her brother Bellamy and all about him. I can tell she deeply misses him. I mean if I had a sibling I would miss them just as much but growing up I did have that one friend I could always depend on and think of as a sister; Clarke.

   Due to her father and mine, we always would be around one another. But just like everyone else, I had to get separated from her when I got taken into the sky box for my crime. Only Octavia and Clarke know what I did and I plan to keep it that way.

     "I always pictured the ground very green and full of flowers and animals." Octavia explains as she lets out a big puff of air. I laugh at her. She had her head on my lap as she was telling a made up story. I gently started braiding a section of her hair as she went on.

     "I hope you get to meet my brother. You'd like him." She says with hope. I look down at her sadly.

     "O...You and I both know they isn't going to happen. I'm going to get floated in a matter of few days and you'll be following. Unless a miracle happens I won't be meeting him." I reply, slowly letting everything sink in.

     "Yeah I know." She says quietly. I was about to say something but I was interrupted when the door to the cell opens. I look up to see four guards standing there, one has two boxes in his hands.

     "Prisoners 328 and 329 please stand against the wall." One of them said as they all come in. Octavia and I stand up doing so.

     "What is this?" I ask feeling a hand grab my arm roughly.

     "Quiet and hold out your right arm." After the guard said that I decide to fight back. I fling my head back and it meets the guard's nose that was holding my arm. I rip my arm from his grasp, turn around kicking my leg out to go and kick his legs out from underneath him.

   As one guard holds a struggling Octavia, the other two come at me with electric batons. One touches my side and I fall to the ground wincing. Something goes around my right wrist that stings as it closed shut.

     "What the hell?" I say under my breath. I stand quickly to continue fighting but a baton returns to the same side that was much more stronger than the last time.

     "No!" Octavia shouts as one of the metal bracelets goes around her right arm and watches me get hit with the electric baton. I tried to speak and fight more but then I feel a sharp pain in my neck and everything goes black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "Listen, no machine hum." I hear a voice say. My eyebrows scrunch in confusion. I slowly open my eyes and look around. I see many criminals looking around strapped in a seat just like me. I pull on the restraints, trying to get free but mine seemed to be stuck.

   All of a sudden a bunch of people started unbuckling themselves. I try and wiggle my belt around and this time it finally comes undone. I sit up slowly but wince at the pain on my side. I quickly remember that I was hit with a baton a few times.