Chapter 34

Channel P.O.V

"So when are you planning to have this baby shower?" Ms. April asked as she took a sip of her coffee. We were out for breakfast at our dearly beloved IHOP.

"Honestly, I haven't even thought about it. Work has had me so busy and I've just been really discouraged about the whole thing honestly." I said as she nodded in response. Throughout the course of my pregnancy, the omphalocele had been getting worse, so much so that it had been affecting my health as well. The situation between Trey and I had also been raising my stress levels but Trey didn't seem all that concerned with any of that.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. Look I know things are hard, but despite it all, you and this baby are going to be okay. You just have to keep trusting God and know that no matter what happens, you're going to be fine" I nodded, allowing her words to sink in. "We're still going to celebrate this baby though. If you have time, we can head to Baby's R Us to start a registry"

"Okay, that sounds good. I'm not busy at all today." I said with a light smile

"Great. So things still rocky with you and Trey?"

"They're getting better. I can see him making the effort to be home more, but I'm still a little annoyed because he knows he doesn't have to work as much. Especially with the club dates that he does, they don't pay him enough for him to be spending his time there, so I know he's just doing them so he doesn't have to be home." I said as she shook her head

"I just don't understand why he's still doing all of this."

"Yea, I wish I knew too, but I'm glad that he's finally making some effort."

"Good. I'd hate for something so silly to tear you guys apart."

"Me too. I love him so much, I really don't even want to think about that. I'm still here because I want this relationship, I also want our daughter to have her father in her life on a consistent basis."

"I understand honey, but look I don't wanna dampen your day. Let's finish eating so we can go shop for our baby" she said dancing in her seat causing me to laugh.

20 minutes later, we were out of the IHOP and on our way to Baby's R Us. I had called Brittany to tag along, because I wanted her input on some of the things that she used for Jason.

"Wow" I said once I walked into the store.

"You okay?" Britt asked and I nodded

"Yea, I guess I'm just a little bit overwhelmed. I'm almost seven months and I haven't even gotten to any of this, I feel so behind."

"Don't worry about it." she said resting her hand in my shoulder "That's why we're here to help. And don't forget that we're the dream team, we can pull this thing together in a couple of weeks." she said and I nodded

"Yea you're right" I laughed "Alright, where do I start"

"Well first we have to go to the registry counter. Then they'll give you that little gun thingy and you can walk around the store and scan whatever you want."

"Sounds simple."

"Mhmm, sounds simple until your indecisive ass see's all the things they have to choose from" sh said causing me to laugh