Chapter 2: The bitchy roommate...

*Rick Hamilton played by Rick Malambri in Media picture above*

Already changed and ready for my trip, I sit and wait for Rick to come pick me up so we can head to the airport. 

"All ready for your trip?" My roommate asks once she walks into the apartment. I was looking through my emails on my phone.

"I am." Smiling up at her.

"Is Rick on his way?" She questions as she sits across from me.

"Yes, he is. He should be here in a while. He was finishing up his work before going home to change and get his things."

"Hmm, let's see if he makes it on time." Hearing her mutter in her usual sarcastic way.

"Hey. He will not be late, like usual." Defending his promptness. Rick is known to be late.

"Yeah, like usual. Eva, that man has no concept of time. He would be late for his own funeral."

Laughing at her statement I respond. "Maybe, but he will not be late for our two-year anniversary vacation trip. We have been planning it since last year."

"You mean you have been planning it while he paid for it." Rolling her eyes at me. She is right, I planned the trip while he paid for it. He insisted on it.

"I was going to pay for half of it, but he insisted on paying for it all." Defending myself which I should not have to. It has always been fifty, fifty between the two of us.

"Yeah, yeah. I forget how perfect Rick is." Using air quotations as she said perfect.

"He is a great boyfriend. Rick is just a perfectionist and likes things to be-."

"His way? Controlled? His way?" She throws out being sarcastic again.

"You already said that. Twice." Pointing out her comment.

"I know that, Eva. Rick is a control-freak and throws a tantrum when things do not go his way. I am shocked that he even let you plan the trip yourself without his approval."

Looking away from her I stand up. Her scoff has me turn around, guilt-ridden on my face. "Of course he had to review it, then approve the trip like a business transaction."

"He had to make sure it was perfect." Shrugging at her statement.

Staring at me she stands up. "Enjoy your perfect trip with your perfect boyfriend. Just make sure you know how to act." Saying it in a snappy way.

"What is your problem, Benny? All of a sudden Rick is an issue with you."

"You do not see how he really is, do you?" Raising her eyebrows she asks, but I really have no clue what she means by that.

We stare at each until there is a knock on the door. "I'll get that." Mumbling as I pass by her to open the door.

Looking through the peep hole, I see Rick standing in the hallway glancing at his Rolex. Unlocking the door, I smile at him when he looks at me. "You are finally here."

"Not late for once you mean?" Raising his eyebrow.

"Maybe." 

Chuckling he pulls me in for a hug. "I was not going to be late for our special anniversary." Kissing me on the lips. "Plus, I have a surprise for you."

"Do you really?" Pulling away from him excitedly.

"I do. Come on, let's get your things. Don't want us to miss our flight." Walking inside past me he comes inside.