Chapter Twelve

A/N there is smut in this chapter 🎉🎉 if you don't like smut, then I'm so sorry XD (it's fluffy smut, tho 👀)

"You did what?!"

Nico was appalled to say the least. How did he escape? The cameras were fixed quite recently.

"I escaped," Percy repeated. "I think they're after me already. Can you come and get me?"

"Yeah," Nico said, and without even thinking, he put on some clothes and snuck outside of his room. "Where are you at?"

"I'm at the gas station about twenty miles away from the hospital," Percy informed. "I got a ride. It's the Sinclair one with the giant green dinosaur statue outside of it. Please hurry?"

"I'll be right there," Nico told him. "I love you."

"I lov-" the call was disconnected.

Nico looked at his phone in confusion before turning it off and putting it on his nightstand. He snuck into his dad and Persephone's room, grateful that they were heavy sleepers, before taking his father's wallet and creeping down into the kitchen to take the keys of his father's black Mercedes from the key rack.

He opened the garage and got into the car hurriedly before his dad woke up and noticed he was gone. He put the key into the ignition and the black Mercedes hummed to life. Nico closed the car door behind him before driving the car out of the garage and down the practically empty streets that were usually crammed with traffic, on his way to the Sinclair Percy told him he was currently at, on edge and paranoid that the hospital was going to get him again.

- - - - -

Percy tapped impatiently at the bench he was sitting on, waiting for Nico who seemed to just take his time to get there. The metal and night breeze felt cold against his exposed skin. He wished he had brought a jacket.

All of a sudden, he saw a familiar black Mercedes turn around the corner and stop right in front of the gas station. Percy stared at the car in awe, not noticing Nico had opened his door and was looking expectingly at him.

"What are you waiting for?" Nico asked him. "Get in!"

Percy nodded and ran around the car to get to the passenger seat. He sat down and closed the door behind him before Nico sped off into the night.

"How did you escape?" Nico asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Well, it was of my own brilliance," Percy bragged, causing Nico to raise a skeptical eyebrow at him. "Fine, fine. Damn, I thought you would buy that. Well, Piper stole the key from the front desk while Leo distracted Hazel by accidentally dropping his milk in the hallway in front of her office. She then slipped the key to me during lunch."

"But the cameras?"

"Piper broke them again a few days ago so she could smuggle ice cream from the Canteen."

"Of course she did."

"Hey, Nico," Percy said.

"Hm?"

"Thank you," he told him. "Thank you so much. God, I love you."

"I love you too," Nico replied. "What are we going to do?"