~ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟧 ~

unhinged
/ʌnˈhɪn(d)ʒd/
adjective
1. mentally unbalanced; deranged.

~~~~

Skylar now stood with her arm around Mills shoulder whilst James supported Slivko who was still recovering from his fall.

"Get ready to move out." Packard ordered his men. Immediately his men started preparing to leave- Cole grabbing any of Mills equipment for him.

"Now colonel- you may outrank me, but I've been here a hell of a lot longer than you have as has Skylar. That thing just shredded us, and he was only the first of them. And now we're on their turf and we need to back out before we all die!" Hank burst, he had had enough of Packard and had not been stuck on this island for 28 years just to be killed.

"Not as long as Chapman's still out there." Both Skylar and Conrad held grave faces as Conrad pulled out dog tags from his pocket.

"I'm sorry colonel. But Chapman's dead." The soldiers surrounding them dropped their heads at their loss. But Packard held his head high.

"Doesn't change a thing. We're still going to that crash site."

"Are you crazy? You'll be dead before you even reach that site!" Skylar said to him, trying to keep calm but she could feel herself loosing control. Mills could too, the constant clenching of her hand that rests on his shoulder giving her away.

Conrad didn't say anything, deep in thought. He knew there was a reason Packard still wanted to go to the crash site, but what was it?

"What's at that crash site that you want to bad?"

"Weapons- enough to kill it!"

"Kong didn't kill chapman- and he wouldn't have hurt anyone if you didn't start dropping bombs!" Skylar fought.

"No- but he did kill these men." He shoved multiple dog tags in Skylars face but turned away when Hanks voice spoke up again.

"You can't kill Kong Colonel- he's the only thing keeping these lizards under control. "

"He's right Colonel. We can't kill him- those other creatures? There's more of them down there and they will kill us all, you can't take away a species natural competition, they'll proliferate out of control." Brooks showed the science side of their fight but Packard knew what he was going to do. And no one is getting in his way.

"Then we'll end them too! After we bring this thing down!" Packard lost his cool- his words were screamed and spit flew from his lips. His eyes had a wild fire in them.

Hank had enough and pulled out his sword cashing everyone to back away. Mills knocked Skylars arm of his shoulder and pulled out his gun- aiming it at Hank.

The force of being knocked off caused Skylar to stumble away and feel her side twinge with pain.

Conrad noticed Skylar stumble and pulled her backwards towards him and away from the fight. Not only Mills held his gun high but all of Packards men did.

"Hold your fire." Packard stared down at Hank, like a predator sizing it's prey. With lightning speed Packard pulled his gun out and hit Hank with it- knocking him to the floor and then proceeded to set his sights right between Hanks eyes.

"This is one war we are not going to lose!"

"This is nuts! You hear me!" Hank screamed- even with a gun pointed at him he still stood his ground.

"We're not at war colonel- you're making a mistake." Brooks spoke up causing the gun to be aimed at him. He took a step back with his arms raised.