| 5.3 | her office ethics

I've got a burning desire for you, baby.

Chapter Five:
Her Office Ethics
(cont'd)

I stopped abruptly, my hips hitting the edges of my desk as I backed up on reflex, my hands growing limp, jacket falling to the floor. The first thing I noticed was that the top buttons of his clean, white shirt were open, revealing the tiniest bit of his smooth, marble skin. It was enough to get my heart racing. As my eyes traced his features, I had to wonder if he'd possibly grown more handsome than the last time I'd seen him. His rich black hair, and enchanting eyes... The mere sight of him had given me the impact of walking into a brick wall.

What was he doing here?

As always, Hans had to have the first word. I had barely processed his snarky remark from before, having been caught up in the shock of absorbing him in front of me but the next one was spot-on.

"Since when does flirting with office boys constitute professionalism to you, Ms. Henderson?"

My tempers flared, all signs of attraction melting away at his words. No 'hello'. No 'how's your first day going?'

"This has been a lovely reunion, Hans, but I have a lunch to get to."

If he wasn't acting like a total tool, I might have actually tried playing nice. Nope, he had to go and be an asshat instead. I crossed the length of the room and reached for the door handle but of course, of course he had to get in the way.

"You're not going anywhere until you answer me."

I flinched at the contact, drawing my hand back from the door which is exactly what he had wanted me to do. Despite wearing my tallest pair of heels, I still felt like a midget next to Hans as I cocked my head up and glared at him with eyes full of venom. He met my gaze with an equal amount of anger, lips pressing into a thin line when he noticed my resolve to keep the stare-off going.

I breathed in deeply and whispered, "Get out of the way, Hans." I'd had enough of this cat-and-mouse deal.

A deep frown set into his features. Stepping forward, Hans grabbed me by my shoulders and slammed me against the wall to my right. I gasped at the sudden contact, a little pain shooting through my back. His fingers dug into my bare skin, but what hurt more was the way he pressed his body into mine, so perfectly molding against my chest. I almost sighed at the contact, having craved it the second we had said goodbye. Despite my desires, I fought him off but all punches thrown at his chest were useless against the tall mass of muscle in front of me.

Hans' eyes were steel as he lowered his head closer to my face, his hot breath tickling my ear.

"What about that no fucking colleagues policy, huh? The one you so haughtily rubbed in my face?"

I gritted my teeth, ignoring the stab he made at me with those words. The way to wound my heart is through my pride. The bastard knew that. But the look in Hans' eyes told me this wasn't a game to get me all riled up. He was legit pissed.

"If your office ethics involve you getting into Tim's pants, then why don't I get to play too?"

His hands flew down to my legs, tickling the bare skin of my legs and shocking me into stillness when I felt him pull up the corners of my dress till they were bunched up at my waist.

"You can't," I breathlessly whispered as he forced my legs apart, that is if my lack of resistance still counted for anything. One hand sauntered up to my neck, resting at my collarbone while the other snaked between my legs, parting my thighs until he had all of me resting at the tip of his fingers.