f o u r t y o n e

SELENA

"He didn't make it, did he?" I ask, my weak voice cracking slightly.

"Your boyfriend... he's okay."

When I hear those words, so many emotions go through me. Relief, happiness, love. He's okay. Harry is okay.

"Can I see him?"

"Of course, but there are a few things you need to know. He will be able to walk but it's going to be a struggle for him. Physical activity is limited for him, and it will take him a while to get back to normal. Maybe a few months at most. You have to make sure that someone is supervising him at all times until the doctors say it's okay. A wheelchair might be necessary in some cases but by the looks of it, he won't be needing one. Harry got very lucky. He needs to stay here for at least a week so we know that everything is okay and he can go home. Does that seem okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine. I'm just happy he's alive." I tell the doctor. She then guides me to the room and I see my helpless boyfriend lying in the bed. I thank the doctor before she leaves.

I look at Harry and his eyes are open ever so slightly. He looks tired and in pain and it kills me to see him like this.

"Sel?" He mumbles, trying to sit up.

"Harry, lie down baby. You're okay." I tell him as I hold his hand.

"What's going on?" He asks.

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"I went down to the lobby with Zayn, then I came back up. I don't remember anything after that." He tells me.

"Harry, when you were down with Zayn. Some guy got into the hotel room. He had a gun."

"A gun? Are you okay?" Typical Harry. He's the one in the hospital bed yet he still asks if I'm okay.

"Harry, I'm fine. But he shot you. You thought you were gonna die, you told me to tell everyone that you love them. I said that you were gonna be okay, that I wasn't gonna let you die." I can feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, love." He chuckles, he lifts up his shaky hand and wipes my tear away with his thumb. "Did you call my family?"

"Of course, your mom said that they would be here as soon as possible. The whole world practically knows you're here, when we were leaving the hotel there was a lot of paparazzi." I tell him.

"Y-you have blood on your hands. And your wrists are bruised, so is your neck." Harry points out.

"It's yours," I whisper. "And the bruises are nothing, baby. Don't worry about me."

"Did he - the guy - did he try to do what Des did?" He asks sceptically.

"I don't know, he didn't said that he was gonna do whatever he wanted with me. He did try to kill me, though. That's why he was there - to kill me." I say. "This is all my fault, Harry. It should've been me. It was supposed to be me."

"Baby, don't say that. It's not your fault and don't you dare tell me that it should be you lying in this bed right now. If-if one of us has to go, then I'd want it to be me."