16.

Esme

     When Justine tells me that, I instantly hang up before standing up. I grab my sandals before slipping them on. I leave my phone on the bed before walking down the stairs, and I can hear Harry's voice from the kitchen. Maybe talking to my brother. I walk inside seeing Harry leaning against the counter, before letting out a small chuckle at something at my brother says.

      "Harry could we speak alone?" I ask keeping my voice short and snappy. Brayden looks up from his plate of cheese and crackers before standing up and walking out after shooting me a look. I cross my arms in front of me, my eyes staring at Harry.

     "I didn't know you were in contact with Stacia lately. Want to explain that to me Harry?" I ask, my voice coming out snappy. Harry's eyes look at me before he frowns. He stands up before walking over to me but I take a step back, with a shake of my head.

"I don't talk to Stacia, Esme. She's a bitch and she hurt you. I wouldn't want to associate myself with anyone like that." Harry states with a frown playing at his lips. I let out a small scoff, I can't believe he's lying to me right now. With everything we've been through, he has the audacity to stand right in front of me and lie to my face.

"You're such a liar Harry, Justine told me. She saw you and Stacia talking and heard you speaking about the prom thing. Quit lying to me Harry, and just tell me the truth." I state as Harry sighs deeply. He takes a seat on the chair before beckoning for me to do the same which I do. I need to hear his side before assuming things.

"Stacia came to me and wanted to get you and Zayn apart. I agreed, and that's how the prom thing happened. I feel guilty but Esme. You're better off without him. You don't need someone like that." Harry states, keeping his answer short and sweet. I roll my eyes before my arms resting against the table.

"You don't get to tell me who I deserve or not. You lost that right when you decided to go behind my back and pin something on Zayn which he didn't do. You don't know him Harry. You're such a douche. I can't believe you would do such a thing." I reply shaking my head. This doesn't sound like Harry. He wouldn't do this to me. But it all adds up. I cover my face with my hands before groaning.

"Esme I'm sor-"

"Don't apologize Harry! You did this for one reason and one reason only, because your a selfish bastard! Get the hell out. Now." I state uncovering my face before my eyes narrow at him. Harry stands up without a word uttered, and walks out of the kitchen. A moment later I can hear the front door closing. I hear footsteps making its way into the kitchen. I turn around and I see my older brother.

"I heard yelling. What happened, are you alright?" Brayden asks softly, his brotherly concern coming out. I let out a sigh, licking over my lips.

"Stacia is using you." I state simply, standing up I push past my brother and down the hallway. I grab my keys before walking out. I get inside my car, sticking my key into the ignition. I drive towards the one place I know I'll be wanted. It takes me about fifteen minutes to get there because my mind is unfocused and I don't pay attention closely as I drive. I pull into the driveway, noticing there isn't a car here but hopefully he'll be here.

I get out before walking to the front door, my hand raising and I knock a couple times before letting my arm rest next to me. I hear shuffling behind the front door before it opens. Zayn stands there, wearing black sweats and his lip is still looking bad along with his jaw and cheek. His eyes fall on mine.

"Esme are you okay? You look like your about to cry..." Zayn says softly, I take a step forward before crushing myself against his chest, my head resting against his shoulder. Zayn's arms snake around my body, one of his hands resting against my lower back holding me close to his body. I continue hugging him, not even caring we're standing in the doorway.