Tattoo

Arias POV

I was sat in my room, we'd finally moved out of the old house. Derek bought an old lot and fixed it up enough for it to be a nice place to live in, as well as a refuge for the other werewolves in Beacon Hills. Despite having this new pad, Derek still spent alot of time in the old house doing god knows what. 

Surrounding me were old leather bound books. They were scattered everywhere, completely covering the floor and my bed. I was desperately flicking through and scanning each page looking for something - anything on the Alpha Pack which declared its arrival into Beacon Hills with the sign left on the door frame. 

That was one of the reasons why we... well Derek decided it be best to move, although the pack probably were already aware of the new place, they'd made no effort so far to make contact or even to give a threat. We took it as a good sign and hoped it stayed that way. 

"This is totally useless." I muttered to myself, giving up on yet another book. 

My phone dinged, alerting me to a message. 

Derek - Told you so.

Stupid werewolf hearing. 

"Whatever." I mumbled to what I thought was myself. 

Another ding.

Derek - Haha

I rolled my eyes at his pettiness and heaved myself under the covers, cringing as I listened to multiple books hit the floor with quite a thud. Rolling over I thought about my situation. No one apart from Deaton and I knew about the witch and werewolf I had hiding within my bones. I'd been avoiding the vet at all costs afraid of news I didn't want to hear. 

Sighing, I tried to allow my mind to go blank. I had school tomorrow and the last thing I needed was to miss sleep over something. Already hating school, I decided to prioritize sleep instead of being grouchy.

That was until Stiles popped into my head. I'd not spoken to him or heard from him all summer. Ever since the conversation after Jackson turned, I'd not had anything from any of them apart from Allison, and Scott. He messaged me a couple of times just to check up on me. 

"Leave it for now Aria." I whispered to myself. 

I agreed with my subconscious and let sleep consume me. 

-

I woke up the next morning to my alarm blaring and the radio playing. Groaning I heaved myself out of bed and into the shower.

Putting on black jeans and tucking a tight long sleeved top into my jeans, I grabbed my boots and a necklace which came down to the center of my torso. I left my hair in its natural state and put on eyeliner around my waterline with mascara. A touch of matte nude lipstick I was done. Picking up my jacket and bag I got in the car and Derek soon followed. 

"You ready?" He asked me.

I exhaled loudly, "Yep, I think so." 

"I'll message you if I'm not going to be able to pick you up or if something even remotely important happens." Derek informed me, he thought everything was too quiet. I was enjoying not having to run away from lizard creatures to save myself but whatever floats his boat I guess.

As he pulled up to the school grounds I saw Scott on his dirt bike. 

"Okay, see you later." I said before getting out of the car. 

I walked into school and saw Scott and Stiles walking down the corridor. Neither of them saw me yet I couldn't decide if that was what I wanted or not.