Chapter Four

Liability
[Shawn's p.o.v]

It's Saturday, Alex's single came out yesterday. It sounds amazing.

The amount of emotion she has put into it is truly raw and its relatable. Her thoughts and her real life has been put into one song.

Alex doesn't force herself into songs, she just does it naturally. Her work is art. She is art.

She's on Ellen today, and I'm coming to surprise her. I'm on the plane right now with Andrew, just landed at LAX.

We're coming off of the plane now, and I can see a couple of fans waiting.

"Hey guys, do you what pictures?" I say, to the seven girls standing in front of me. They all say yes and I start talking whilst taking pictures.

"Not to be vain, but I'd expect more people to be here and take pictures." I say.

"Well we knew you were coming here, we just didn't tell anyone. We figured that you would be tired and would want to sleep instead of meeting thousands of fans." A girl says.

"You know I really don't mind, right? It's you guys that got me here and I thank you for that, I love you." I laugh.

We finish up the pictures and it's time to get to the hotel. We booked for a hotel just across from the Studio were it's set.

8:17

By the time we get to our room, it's 8:17. We have until 9:00 to get there, so I start getting ready.

I get out the clothes that I packed, a white T, brown jacket, black jeans and some black boots. I put my clothes on, and head to the bathroom to do my hair and brush my teeth.

I head down to the lobby to see Andrew waiting there patiently. "Hey we gotta go quick, Alex is here."

"She's here? She should already be with Ellen right?" I question.

"Well she obviously running late, lets go." Andrew explains as we walk out and go straight to Ellen.

We get there and I wait at the right entrance of backstage, since she will be coming from the left.

I hear Ellen speak, "Okay so would you please welcome the young and talented Alex Bond!"

Alex comes out in a a black top that comes off of her shoulder, some blue skinny-jeans and some nude-suede heels with a lace thingy at the top. She walks over and embraces Ellen.

"Hey, it's so nice to meet you. Thanks for having me. I literally just came out of my hotel And I was thinking well I was going to make a good impression but I guess not, sorry I'm late." She says, Ellen laughing as Alex takes a seat.

"No it's completely okay. Thank you for being here! Now we have all heard your new single 'Liability'." Ellen says, the crowd cheering.

"Yeah, do you like it?" She asks innocently.

"Yes I love it, it's gone straight to number one in Europe, and the US."

Alex's mouth gapes open.

"What did you not know?" Ellen laughs, the crowd laughing too.