Ch. Two

I stormed down the hallway to where he was. "So you're in a gang now!" I yelled so loud the people in the apartment ova probably heard me. "You goin through my stuff" he yelled back. " First of all, you should've cleaned out the room if you didn't want me to find out. Second of all, yeen got no reason to be mad. Are you serious? You know a gang shot my older brother and you still joined one! I said still yelling. "Look Kaylent just let me explain" he responded. "Yeah, I used to be in a gang, but I'm out now" he added. "That's the same thing my brother said" I replied almost near tears. "I promise you I'm not in the gang no more" "That's all well and good, but why did you even join in the first place". And with that I went back to my room.

Kielen's point of view.

I messed up bad. Why couldn't you be honest with her from the beginning. I thought to myself. Why did she have to find out this way. I feel so stupid. Why did I put her through this again knowin she been through it before? I can't loose her again. I just can't.

Kaylent's point of view.

What is goin on? This isn't the Kielen I know. Why didn't I know this before? Why didn't he tell me? All of these thoughts pour into my head like a rushing waterfall. I just don't know what to do. I can't go through this again. But I gotta stick with him no matter what. We're all we have left. It was 8:00 but I just needed to rest. I got under the sheets and the last thing I saw was black.

Kielen's point of view.

*Two days later*

It's been two days since Kaylent talked to me and it's drivin me crazy. Kaylent walked out her room and to the kitchen. "Good morning" I said hoping she'll talk to me. She looks at me then rolls her eyes. "Kaylent please talk to me. I know I wasn't honest with you, but yeen tell me your lil secret yet" I added. "Don't flip the script on me Kielen" she responded. "So you talkin now" I shot back. "I told you Imma tell you when I'm ready" "When is that Kaylent? Ion like to be in the dark either" I waited to see what she had to say.

Kaylent's point of view.

Okay, I admit he has a point. "You really want me to tell you?" I asked even though I know the answer. "Yeah" "Sit Down" He sat on the couch and I sat down beside him, but before I could say anything there was a knock on the door.

Saved by the bell. I thought to myself. I went to open the door and I couldn't believe who it was. Standin there was the guy who abused me for two years. "Davontae" I said out loud. "Thought you got away huh?" he replied. Well, I'm here baby". Oh God help me.