Chapter 44: The Holy War III

-Lucy P.O.V-
"Destruction will always prevail."
His words rung in my ears as I desperately attempted to crawl over to Natsu, who was lying still on the ground a few metres away from me.
W-What was that just now? Where did he get such power from?
"Lucy...do you want to know how I resurrected Deinira?" Draculos asked as he made his over to me. Before I could reach Natsu's side, he grabbed me by my hair and lifted me up. I screamed with pain, scratching at his hand to let me free.
"L-Lucy!" Natsu cried, spitting his own blood.
"I stole it, Lucy! I stole it from those pathetic girls you see here!" Draculos shouted. "Right now, as we speak, I am taking more and more from them...just like you took everything from me!"
I glared at him, as I created a short dagger. With a quick slice I cut my hair, freeing myself from his grasp.
"Don't you dare...group me in with you," I murmured. "I never stole anything. I just took back what was rightfully mine."
"You're such a pain, you know?! Even now, you try to defy me! Won't you just accept the fact that I'm stronger than you? That you'll never win?!"
"Y-You may be stronger than me," I stuttered. "But I have something you never will. The trust and respect of my comrades fighting alongside me."
He laughed rather insanely, covering one eye with the palm of his hand.
"You were always so headstrong," he snickered. "Just like your stupid bitch of a mother."
I bit down hard on my lip, so much that it drew blood.
"How-"
"How dare you say that to her!"
I gasped from the sudden sound, and glanced upwards. Natsu leaped over me, his scythe raging with flames as it wrapped around him, ready to strike. I gazed at the determination in his eyes, the unbelievable desire to protect me. Even as I was barely standing in the middle of a battlefield, I felt safe as I stared into those eyes.
"Lucy's mother was brilliant," Natsu argued while swinging his scythe back, so that it would curl around Draculos from above. Surprised, Draculos quickly went to grab the weapon. However, using the dagger I still had to cut my hair, I threw it directly at his wrist. It missed slightly, however it still sliced the skin open. He cried out, grabbing his wound in pure frustration.
"Y-You...damn you!" He yelled. "I need more... more power!"

-Erza P.O.V-
The dark rosafelt without a name had been keeping me busy for most of the battle. I was beginning to reach my limit, however I noticed that she was also lacking strength compared to when we had first started combat.
"You are a wonderful fighter, Scarlet," she said, smiling. "I'm glad I got to meet you."
"I can say the same to you," I replied with completely honesty, flipping my sword in my hand. "It's been fun."
I kicked off into a run with my left foot, aiming the sword at her stomach. She lodged her sword forwards like a spear in attempt to slow me down, but I swerved around them all. I realised, as I was running, that part of me expected her to dodge my blow. Yet I was still going for it anyway.
Why?...
I reached her, and pulled my sword back slightly just before the strike. However, in that moment, my opponent cried out in pain. At that point I couldn't stop myself- my sword lodged deeply into her skin, the blade impaled through her back. She choked, and naturally fell into my arms. I caught her with wide eyes, as the weight of her body sent us both to the floor.
"Leader...you are very greedy..." she whispered, laughing through her newly shed tears.
"Leader? Are you talking about Draculos?" I asked. "Sorry, I shouldn't ask you questions right now. I'll get you healed right away-"
She shook her head quickly in denial.
"He's sucking up our power...during the fight..." she muttered. "That's how he made Deivina...by stealing our power from us..."
"So he didn't overtake like Lucy did? He's just sucking it all up at the same time?"
She nodded slowly, as her eyes started to lose focus. "Hey...Erza..." she muttered. "I always wanted a name, like you. Something to have as my own."
I smiled down at her as I rested her head on my lap. "What about we think one up for you?"
"Fifty six," she murmured faintly. "My cell number was fifty six, so I guess my name could be fifty six."
"Fifty six...how about Fifix?" I suggested. "It's very cute, just like you."
"Fifix?" She repeated. Then she smiled, brighter and happier than all her previous expressions. "It's...beautiful..."
Gently, I used my finger to wipe away the thick black hair from her face, to reveal big round and beautiful eyes. They were so full of energy, yet they possessed a certain purity to them. She was like a new person.
"This is the best time I'd ever had in my life," Fifix whispered between sobs. "Thank you for showing me...what the light feels like..."
The words faded away, as did her breath. I watched as her body went still, as the life in her eyes vanished. I closed her eyes for her, then laid her body down onto the battlefield.
"Damnit," I muttered to myself, as I wiped my tears away. I punched the floor with my remaining strength, angry with my rash actions.
"Damnit..."