The Viking And The Hybrid Part 2

Me: If you didn't see, 'The Viking And The Hybrid Part 1' as taken the second chapter's place.

I hope you guys enjoy the second part now.

Now the bonding begins.

Hope you all like this!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Scale was curled in on himself, sobbing.

He wanted to play with the Viking, some hide and seek, a game that he couldn't play when he was home anymore. But of course, he couldn't. Vikings kill Dragons and if they're lucky, a Hybrid which was rare. He had his older brother, Nightcore, who used to play with him when they were young, but when Nightcore turned fourteen, their father had made Nightcore train to fight, much to the confusion of the brothers. Both thought that their father wanted Nightcore to lead. It wasn't until two years later, today actually, did Night Scale finally find out why.

Their father saw Nightcore's strength perfect for a fighter, but Night Scale was strong, fast, and smart, the three thing their father wanted in the next King of the Night Furies. Course Nightcore was smart and strong, but he wasn't fast.

But then, Night Scales friends started to slowly leave him. One by One, they all stopped talking to him and hanging out with him.

Only his friend Midnight was still hanging out with him, but she was banished for breaking a rule, an important one. The last words she said to him before she left was that she loved him.

When Night Scale asked his father why he didn't want Nightcore as a leader and why his friends no longer play with him, he plainly said, right in front of Nightcore to, that Nightcore didn't have all the qualities. Then their father said they friends would distract him from becoming a good leader. The talk ended up in an argument that made Black Night, their father, hit Night Scale on across the face. Night Scale ran out of the room after that, not listening to his father's or brother's call to come back.

All he wanted, was some friends or maybe just one.

"Are you alright?"

Night Scale jumped and gave a shout, turning to the left to see something he didn't expect.

The boy, Hiccup, was standing there, a small smile on his face. Night Scale gulped. "What?"

Hiccup chuckled. "I said, 'Are you alright?'"

Night Scale managed a small smile. "I guess?"

Hiccup walked forward until he was right next to Night Scale. Then, he sits down next to him. Night Scale is shocked by the sudden change and Hiccup notices.

"I felt guilty that I made you cry. I guess I was still afraid from Snotlout about to beat me up to realize that you actually stopped him from hurting me."

Night Scale smiled. "It's fine! I guess I forgot that Vikings and Dragons and Hybrids don't get along."

Hiccup looked at him. "But we are."

At those three words, Night Scale froze and looked Hiccup in the eye. "Yeah, we are."

Both looked at each other for about a couple more seconds before Hiccup looked away, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I would tell you my name, but you already know it. And you already told me your name," Hiccup said.

Night Scale laughed. Hiccup laughed along with him.

"Well, how old are you," Night Scale asked. Hiccup smiled at the question.

"I'm ten," Hiccup said, holding up all his fingers.