one shot

"Hey Zane-kun," Kawaii~Chan said, surprised to see Zane in her shared house.

There was no response. Kawaii~chan felt her heart sting. She didn't like being ignored, but Zane was special.

His back was towards her. "Hmm," She walked closer.

Zane was sitting on the couch, and seemed to be unconscious. Surprised at her discovery, Kawaii~chan decided to do something with the situation.

She quickly ran into the kitchen to look for pocky.

"Hehe," She let out excitedly. Her heart bounced at the chance of kissing Zane. She didn't want him to know about how she likes edgy people. She didn't want him to know about her long term crush she has on him. She didn't want him to know about how she ships them together and how she dreams of cuddling him with love.

Embarrassed, Kawaii~chan giggled and ran back to the living room, where the couch Zane was sitting on was.

He seemed to be sleeping, as he kept on sliding of the couch.

"Zane-kun," Kawaii~chan, tried to say his name as quietly as she could. She watched him stirr at the sound of his name.

"So cute." She whispered again.

Kawaii~chan urged herself not to hug him right then and there. She sat down next to him, very lightly sitting down.

"Zane-kun, I-I like you." Kawaii~chan felt the heat rise to her face as the joy of excitement bubbled within her.

"Uwaahh," Kawaii~chan couldn't help herself. She opened the box of pocky and bit on a stick. She was content with herself, yet a possibility of horror crossed her mind.

Kawaii~chan peers at Zane, turning her head.

"Zane-kun... You're not awake, right?"

Zane visibly jumped up and off the couch with half his face bright red. On the floor, he stared at Kawaii~chan then everywhere else.

"K-kyaa!" Kawaii~chan said, surprised. She felt extremely embarrassed. She wanted to run away and hide in her room forever.

But then she realized this was her chance, her chance to confess.

Kawaii~chan sat politely on the floor along with Zane. She smiled at him.

"O-oh," Zane let out a sigh, still blushing, as he properly fixed his seating position.

"S-so you heard what I said?" Kawaii~chan said, her heart heavy.

"I?" Zane said, skeptical.

"Oh, Kawaii~chan forgets to speak in third person when she's nervous... Hehe."

"I see." Zane blushes more. He looks down and pulls his mask up.

Kawaii~chan held in her squeal and continued on.

"But why would you be nervous?" Zane looked up, staring straight into Kawaii~chan's eyes.

"W-well," Kawaii~chan looked away. "Because I- um," Struggling to find her words, Kawaii~chan attempts to run away.

"H-hey, where are you going?" Zane stands up abruptly and chases after Kawaii~chan.