24: Urge.

*****

Nicholas was waiting at the university gate when they arrived. Shiho did not even glance at Shinichi before she went to his friend silently. Shinichi felt a thousand needles prick mercilessly in his chest.

Do I have a chance?’ he thought bitterly.

For all he know, Shiho likes Nicholas, and she abhors him. Never did he know or imagine that the young scientist also feel the same way.

“Shi.” He heard Nicholas called as they approached nearer. Shiho was standing on Nicholas’ side now.

Nicholas looked questioningly at him. He just drop him a glance.

“Let’s go.” Shiho said.

Nicholas looked at him once more before replying to Shiho, “Sorry Shi…I need to stay here a little longer. You know, to make up for the trouble earlier. The guys at the SC talked to me earlier asking for some assistance in the bonfire later.”

“Oh…then I’ll go home alone.” Shiho replied.

“No. Wait for me.”

Shiho’s brows furrowed. “I can go home by myself.” She casually stated.

“Yes, but it’s dark already.” He gave her a dominating stare. She just glared back. No one wanted to lose in the glaring contest.

Shinichi felt left out. He decided to interrupt to break their stare. “I can walk you home, you know.” He suggested.

Shiho sharply looked at him for a few seconds. “On second thought, I’ll just stay here and wait for Nik.” 

Shinichi grunted. It was obvious that she was avoiding him by declining his offer. He showed him an obvious look of annoyance, as if telling, ‘I told you to not to run away from me.’

She just raised her brow  cockily as an answer.

“Let’s go.” She called to Nicholas as she walked inside the university.

Nicholas gave him a quick glance before following her.

He, in turn, just clenched his fist in annoyance as he watch the two figures leaving.

He will never be used to seeing her with other guy. He felt an irresistible urge to pull her away from Nicholas, but knowing what her reaction will be, he summoned all his willpower to stop himself.

“Damn it.” He cussed.

*****