one

LYANNA SNOW STOOD BEHIND HER HALF-BROTHER, ROBB STARK, AND HER TWIN BROTHER, JON SNOW, AS THEY WATCHED THEIR SECOND YOUNGEST BROTHER, BRAN STARK, USE HIS BOW AND ARROW

LYANNA SNOW STOOD BEHIND HER HALF-BROTHER, ROBB STARK, AND HER TWIN BROTHER, JON SNOW, AS THEY WATCHED THEIR SECOND YOUNGEST BROTHER, BRAN STARK, USE HIS BOW AND ARROW. He missed the target completely and hit a barrel instead. Lyanna was holding onto her youngest half-brother, Rickon's back, as he played on an unused horse's saddle.

Lyanna watched closely as Bran readied himself, looking big and powerful, but as he shot the arrow, it went too high and flew over the target. While both Jon and Robb laughed, Lyanna shook her head in disappointment. She knew how hard Bran had practised.

"And which one of you, aside from Lyanna, was a marksman at ten?" Their father, Eddard Stark, called down to the two older boys, as Lyanna quietly laughed to herself. "Keep practising, Bran. Go on."

Lyanna walked over to Bran, knowing both Jon and Robb knew nothing about shooting. Bran grabbed the last of his arrows and aimed it at the target. "Don't think too much, Brandon." She advised him. "Relax your bow arm."

Just as he was about to shoot, another arrow flew and hit the target right in the middle. They all turned to see their youngest sister, Arya Stark, holding a bow and taking a curtsey. Bran's anger grew and started to run after Arya.

"Quick, Bran. Faster!" Men in the courtyard were shouting as the trio laughed.

"Robb, Jon, Lyanna." The three of them heard their father call as he approached them. "A deserter was found. You three with me. Theon is off to fetch Bran."

Lyanna followed her brothers and father to their horses. Bran, who was riding his pony, was in between Robb and Lyanna. She took a quick glance at Bran and believed he was too young to watch what was going to happen. Hell, even Lyanna doesn't like what's going to happen. Although Ned had told her time and time again that the deserters have broken an oath and must pay for it.

A little outside of Winterfell, they stopped and saw the deserter. Most of them got off their horses as some Stark bannermen stayed on theirs, holding the Stark sigil, the Direwolf.

"I know I broke my oath," The deserter began to speak, and they all circled him. "And I know I'm a deserter. I should have gone back to the wall and warned them, but...I saw what I saw. I saw the White Walkers." Lyanna turned her head to see Robb already looking at her. They both had heard stories about the Walkers from Old Nan but never believed them. "People need to know." Bran flinched as the Walkers were mentioned. He never liked those stories. "If you can get word to my family, tell them I'm no coward. Tell them I'm sorry."

Ned nodded, and his lead guard, Jory Cassel, drew his sword, Ice, handing it to Ned. Two bannermen grabbed the deserter, pushing him down onto the stone.

"In the name of Robert, of the House Baratheon, the first of his name..." Ned began the oath, holding on tightly to Ice.

"Don't look away." Lyanna bent down and ordered Bran. "Father will know if you do."