Illumination

Lindsey sighed as he ran his hands through his hair, he was feeling stressed out. He'd been up all night trying to figure out how to set up the new mixing console for his home studio. After the tour with Fleetwood Mac, he figured he deserved to treat himself. He splashed out on a vintage desk, one he'd used a long time ago back in the 70's, perhaps he was feeling reminiscent, or that he wanted to get back to basics with his sound instead of producing everything digitally. He loved everything analogue, it was organic, pure and unfortunately at this moment in time, a nightmare to set up. 

His phone vibrated on the top of the console where he had placed it. Currently under the mixing desk trying to wire it up to everything, he sighed dropping the cable to stretch his arm around the desk, fumbling about for his phone. Grabbing it he laid down on his back, he didn't want to lose track of what cable he was working on, his other hand holding the wire while he unlocked his phone with the other. 

Do you still think of me, Linds?  S x 

Lindsey gulped, his heart raced while his other hand instantly dropped the wire he was working on. He grabbed the phone with both hands, staring at the text message, analysing every single word. Was he reading this right? He lay there for a moment, focusing on his breathing before looking back at the message. His fingers twitched to reply. 

I always think of you, Stephanie. What's with this message? Everything okay? L x 

All work had been completely abandoned as he lay there, waiting for her to respond to his message. He hadn't heard from her since the tour had ended a month ago, as always they enjoyed their company together but as soon as the show was over, she turned into her usual, dramatic self. He wasn't any better, running right back to the security of his family home. 

In what way do you think of me?  S x 

Lindsey raised an eyebrow, instantly replying. 

What does that even mean? I think of you in a variety of different ways, it just depends on my emotions I guess? L x 

Sexually? S x 

Lindsey's heart sped up, a slow, yearning ache seeping down his lower body. What was her game? He shifted from underneath the recording desk, pulling himself to his feet as he walked over to the window. He stared out. He didn't want to give in. He didn't want to admit these sort of things to her, of all people. He hated how she could control him. He looked down at his phone, biting his bottom lip. 

What's your game here, Nicks? What does it matter if I did think of you sexually? I'm not saying I do, I just don't understand why you'd be asking me such a question... L x 

Ah, so you do think of me sexually S x 

I did not say that L x 

You didn't have to. All I needed was a yes or no, yet you just got all defensive... S x 

Lindsey shook his head, she was twisting his words. he wondered if he could freak her out, maybe she'd stop texting him. He didn't care anymore. If she wanted to play games, then he was going to make sure he was the winner. 

What if I do? L x 

I don't know, I was just curious. S x 

Do you think of me... sexually, Stephanie? L x 

He felt his heart against his chest, what if she did? Could he trust himself enough not to act upon that kind of knowledge? Would she be able to control herself in front of him if he admitted to her that yes, he did think of her sexually. It wouldn't be a lie. He just chose not to reveal such things. It was dangerous for the both of them.