Chapter 11

Astrid's POV

    We pull up into Tanner's driveway. Shawn and I are the only ones here so far, because we traveled alone to give some alone time to Dylan and Evie. We hop out of the car and Tanner runs out of the house. I notice him running towards me, so I start to run and I give him a huge bear hug with my legs wrapped around his torso when I reach him.
    "Oh my, it has been forever since I have been able to see you in person. I missed you," I say to him once he puts me down.
    "Same to you, I can't believe it has already been two years, I always see your brothers, but never you," he says back to me. I walk into the house and sit on the couch and go to my phone.
    Shawn and Tanner do a bro-hug thing, then start to talk more. I go to get up when a voice behind me says,
    "Who are you and why are you in this house?" I turn around to see a girl that is around the same height as me, with long blonde hair, same length to mine, probably also the same age.
    "Uhh, I should be saying the same to you," I say back to her.
    "Well, I'm Tanner's girlfriend, who are you," she scoffs at me. I feel hurt run through me. I have never liked Tanner that way, but he is my best friend and I'm a little hurt that he didn't tell me he had a girlfriend. I understand we haven't seen each other in person, but we still text and chat very often.
    "Well, I'm one of Tanner's best friend," I scoff back at her with attitude. "Don't talk to me like that, that is disrespectful to me and I don't appreciate it,"
    "I can talk to you anyway I want to talk to you," she tells me, and that is when I lose control of my anger. I go to step up to her, but before I can, Shawn already has me in his grasp, with his arms around my torso. I look back and I see Tanner, Quentin, Dylan, and Evie all watching. They all know me enough to know, that when I get angry, it is for a good reason. I look at Evie with a certain face, our girl code, and then she walks into the other room with me.

Evie's POV

Shawn and Astrid went into a different car then Dylan and I. They didn't tell us why, apparently then just wanted to ride alone. I mean, I'm not complaining, just a little lost. We hop into the car and start to drive off, but we are going to be a little behind considering we have to go pick up some wood for the campfire later.
We pull up into the little space in the woods, where there is logs that we can take, but as I go to say I will help, Dylan just sits down. Doesn't say or do anything. Just sits. I walk over an join him.
Once he sees me, he moves over so I am able to sit down also. We don't do anything, we just sit in a comfortable silence. It is really nice and relaxing.
I look off into the rest of he woods. We are completely surrounded, except for the car and the fact that we are only fifteen feet away from a dirt rod, but still you get the point. He looks at me and then back off into the woods. I then just look down at the wood we are siting on and start to feel it with my nails.
I get too caught up when looking at the wood when I realize that Dylan put his finger under my chin and lightly pushing my head up. I look up and our faces are very close, but before I could say anything, he kisses me. I feel sparks surrounding me and kiss back. I forget what is going on around me.
It feels like two seconds when we pull apart, but it was more like two minutes. He gets up and starts to grab some wood. I don't say anything either and simply join him when grabbing wood.
We make it to Tanner's house. First thing, it is a huge house and I'm nervous.
"Don't be nervous, they are just idiots who have no idea what they are doing half the time," he laughs and I laugh too. We get out and make our way up the stair and enter the house.
We enter through the front door to see Shawn pulling Astrid away from something and he turns her around. She struggles for a little then escapes his grip. She then gives me 'the look' which means get somewhere private. I nod and then we head to the another room.