Bloody Mary Awaits... (Short Story)

Ok, a nice, short story because I'm sooo bored at the moment with no work...

Thanks for the cover @Lost_In_A_Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Jessica walked into a shop at the mall after having eaten her lunch, "Not much," she said into her phone, "I'm just buying those candles for the sleepover and everything...yeah...oh sure...Bye." She ended the call and began looking for some nice candles for their sleepover, it had been a week since she suggested it...

~A week ago~

"Hey guys, I suggest we have some fun with a sleepover.." Jessica suggested.

The girls looked unsure at first until Erika brushed her brown hair off of her face and said, "I don't know about this, Jess, what're you up to?"

"Ok fine, I wanted to see if Bloody Mary was real or not."

"It's not."

"You don't know that."

"I don't want to find out, either."

"Oh c'mon."

"Maybe," Alice said, re-tying her black hair back in place, "We can do it at my place. C'mon, Eri. It'll be fun!"

"Fine." Erika replied, defeated, "But I warned you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~around midnight~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's midnight..." Alice sounded surprisingly calm as she grabbed the matches and lit the candle slowly.

"I'm still not sure about this." Erika complained, she was worrying about this day and had tried to get  them to rethink everything but unfortunately they wouldn't budge. Not once.

Not in the slightest.

Jessica had the camera in her hand as they entered the bathroom, "Girls, I have to tell you something," Alice said, "the bathroom lights are outside, which means I'll have to close the lights before I close the door, and we can't open the lights from inside..."

"Oh it's ok." Jessica grinned, "Makes it more fun. Erika, lights."

Erika closed the lights after Alice put the candle down. "Ready?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah..." the two others whimpered. Jessica rolled her eyes, "Don't worry..." but they all could sense the fear in her voice.

Alice closed the door.

"Bloody Mary..."

Nothing yet.

"Bloody Mary..."

A cool breeze caused the candle's flame to flicker a bit.

"Bloody Mary!"

Cold wind blasted through the room.

They stood there, nothing happened. "Guess it's not true." Alice said.

"I'm really glad..." Erika replied.

"Yeah, but still..." Jessica whispered, "What about the cold breeze? there's no window in this bathroom!!"

"Oh come on, Jessica. stop trying to scare us."

"But there isn't, I checked, right Alice?"

"Well that is true..." Alice whispered.

"Alice, please don't say that." Erika whimpered.

"sorry Er. It is." she walked to the door, it wouldn't open, "Jess, why'd you lock the door?"

"I didn't, Al."

"stop it!"

"I'm serious!" Jessica complained. "Why accuse me?"

"Because you always try to scare us!"

"Not this time!"

"Oh Giiiiiiirrrrrrrllllllsssssss........" A woman's melodic voice rang through the bathroom; they screamed.

After a couple more tries the door opened, and they ran out, opening the bathroom lights behind them. Terrified and Paranoid, the three girls stopped their sleepover and Jessica and Erika left.

That night, Alice slept in her mom's room, still scared, with the bathroom light still opened.

At around 3 am she had to go to the bathroom. So, cautiously, she went in. While washing her hands though, the lights went off and she screamed...

---------------------Next evening-------------------

"I wonder where Al is." Jessica said, "I hope she's ok."

"I'm sure she's fine... So what if she didn't come to school today, or answered her calls? maybe she's just sick." Erika replied, her voice full of fear. They walked on the old street where the lights weren't working.

"Oh, perfect, no lights." Jessica said sarcastically.

"Seriously.." the two of them walked on but soon it became too dark and they stopped, in a minute or so it was too terrifying and they tried to open their phones but the power was off for the both of them. 

"Oh no..." Erika groaned.

When they adjusted to the dark a minute later they found themselves in front of an old antique mirror store; then they saw a smiling face in the mirror.

"Oh god no..."

Something moved behind them and they screamed.

-----------------------Next day------------------------------

The next morning there was a newspaper article that caused a lot of commotion. It said:

"The Day before Yesterday the body of Alice Melanie, 16, was found in the bathroom of her house, dead. Yesterday, after that the bodies of Jessica Darion and Erika Monroe, both 16, were found on 78th street, in front of an old antique mirror store. All three girls were friends and the deaths had something in common that shocked everyone, in both areas, on a mirror, there was a bloody hand print with two words in front of them:

Bloody Mary"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 This is my first shot at any horror/paranormal whatever... So sorry if it's not that good.

Vote and Comment anyway, thanks!