Mr. Popular

Cloe's POV

I walk threw the halls with my head hanging down. The floor always seems so interesting. After 265 steps I hear footsteps running towards me. Yes, I did count my steps.

Out of nowhere I am rammed at the side and my books and folders fly out of my hand. I try to use my hands to break the fall or to flip over so I don't land on my back, neither work. I land on my back and my head starts to spin. I lay there for a moment, trying to calm the pounding of my head and the aching of my sides.

I look around and see a crowd has gathered. Feet stand in front of me and I look up. Matthew Cramer. Star quarterback for the varsity football team, all muscle, really mean and has no care about anything in the world. Just like me, except he has the whole school as friends and family and he talks. Not to mentions he is good looking, all the qualities I don't have.

"Ah, watch where you're going!" I exclaim even though my back is searing in pain. I attempt to stand up but hiss at my head. This is not good at all. They are going to want to call my parents, what will they say when I have none at all.

"You watch where you're walking, freak." He says and I look up at him.

"Listen here, Mr. I'm So Great! My back and head are searing in pain, which was caused by your idiocity and you're tackle to my side. I don't care if you are the most famous person in the world. You are probably double my size and a QUARTERBACK! I'm going to be hurt and angry. So don't you tell me to get out of the way!" I ramble while grabbing my stuff and pushing past him.

I here "oooohhh"'s coming from the crowd. Then I feel a hand on my shoulder. I spin around, a bit too quick for my head and back. I hiss at my back and groan at my head. After what happened my body has become extremely,let fragile, especially my back, that is the only reason this hurts so much.

There he stands again with an agitated look on his face.

"May I help you?" I question him. His eyes narrow.

"What's your name?" He asks and I smirk. I have no idea where this confidence came from.

"Alexander the Great at your service." Then I walk too my first hour. I hope he finally leaves me alone.

Nope... I was wrong... After me showing up to him, everyone decided I was a little twerp that should be made fun of. Great!

Macy walks towards me. Macy is my only friend. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. A slim figure and literally a perfect body. She shouldn't be hanging out with me. Nobody should.

"Clo! I heard what you said too Matt, that was gold! Nobody ever stands up to him." She exclaims and I nod, bored.

"Well, it was me or nobody so I took the chance." I tell her and she nods.

"You do know he is angry right?" She asks and again, I nod.

"I figured, who wouldn't be after a nobody told them off." She looks at me with a suspicious look in her eyes. As soon as it came, it was replaced with a look of pity.

"You're not a nobody, and definitely not anymore. Everyone is wondering what your name is!" She tells me and I fake being excited. I just want to get out of here. Not even my "friend" can cheer me up.

There is so ring suspicious with her, I need to find out what it is. I know for a fact that someone like her doesn't want to be seen with someone like me.

She walks away and I am getting ready to get up. That is until I get pushed back down into my seat. I look over. Guess who? Such a surprise, Matthew.

"Hostile much?" I ask him and he shows no emotion. "What do you want? Or are you just wasting my joyous time of living?" I ask him sarcastically. He rolls his eyes at me. I try to keep a scoff in.

"Listen, I don't know what your name is but nobody messes with me and gets away with it. Not even a girl." He threatens and I actually scoff this time.

"Ooohh, I'm so scared." I say sarcastically. "It's real classy to threaten a girl, you know. Why don't you run along with your other football friend, and do what you always do. Leave me alone!"

"How do you know I play football?" He questions and I roll my eyes.

"Who doesn't? You're the high and mighty quarterback Matthew Cramer. You have a bad boy 'I'll mess you up' reputation. You have almost every girl at your knees and you have a really big ego. Your best friend is Chase Gram, he is also a football player and acts like a literal child. Should I continue on?"

His eyes widen. "Look here, stalker-" I cut him off.

"Look here, brainless. Everyone in the school knows this! You are on the bulletin, the newspaper, the website, the announcements, everything. This school talks about you so much even the deaf and blind know who you are."

Then I walk away, thankfully he doesn't follow me. This is going to be a long day.