chapter 5

HAWKEYE'S POV

Rachel. The name that has been running through my head from the OR to the SWAMP. BJ was already asleep so I was as quiet as possible. Rachel was my sister that my father and I adopted when I was just ten. We never thought of her as adopted though. When I was thirteen we had to take her back because my father couldn't pay for all of us. I never thought I would see her again. The last year I saw her, I was being the older brother I was and didn't talk to her that much. When my girlfriend came over I told her to stay in her room and leave us alone. I regret all of that now and if the new nurse is her. Then I can redeem myself. I will find out tomorrow.

RACHEL'S POV

While Radar walked me to my tent, I got to know about him and the other people around camp. Charles likes classical music and plays it during the night. BJ has a wife and child back home and he only gets to see his daughter in pictures. Margaret was once called Hot Lips because she dated almost every general on the East coast. Col. Potter likes horses and painting. The priest father Mulcahy is not like your everyday priest. Klinger wants a section 8.( When you are discharged for being a psyco). Radar said there used to be another Col but he died on his way home. Other than that part everybody sounded wonderful!

"So how long have you been here?" I asked. Just to start another conversation.

"I don't even know anymore." Radar said. "I miss home, but I think Hawkeye misses home more than anyone." he continued.

"He seems nice," I said.

"Yeah he is really funny. He always cracks jokes." Radar replied.

"He reminds me of someone I knew," I laughed. The Hawkeye I knew always made jokes when you were feeling down. He was nominated as the class clown too in junior high. This Hawkeye sounds exactly like mine. I hope its him. After a long walk around the compound, we finally got to the nurses quarters.

"Well this is it." Radar announced.

"Thank you Radar," I said.

"Your welcome. By the way breakfast is at 0500. It is in the mess tent. You can't miss it. Its green and smells like a garbage can." Radar said and left. Well its time to get some sleep. The nurses were still cleaning up in the OR so I just found my stuff and laid in the bed next to it and knocked out.