6 Hearts - Solarion Chronicles

"Hey, Robin!" I greet as I open the door to her shop.

"Good afternoon, Xena!" Robin responds. "Here to see Sebby?"

"Heh, yeah."

"Honestly, Xena, it's kinda weird that the two of you are so close already. He doesn't have a ton of friends here."

"I really like him! He's such a sweetheart."

"I'm glad you two get along so well. And I'm sure you won't mind, but Sam's over as well."

"That's no problem! Thanks!"

"No problem." Robin replies as run downstairs to see Sebastian and Sam.

I fling open the door and shout, "Hey!"

Sebastian turns his head from the wall to look at me and instantly smiles wide. "Hey, Xena." Sebastian greets. "Sam and I were about to play 'Solarion Chronicles: The Game'... Why don't you join us? It's better with three players anyway."

"Definitely! I love that game!" I agree and sprint over to the chair by the wall and fling myself onto the chair.

"Hey, Xena!" Sam greets cheerily. "How've you been?"

"Pretty great! I love hanging out with you guys!"

"Aww! Same here, Xena!"

Sebastian interrupts with, "Okay, here we go... Let me draw the scenario card." He picks up a card and reads it quickly. "Hmm... It looks like today's quest will take us into the Necromancer's Tower... to try and reclaim the Solarion Staff from the clutches of Dreadlord Xarth."

"Cool... Xena, are you ready to choose your character?" Sam asks.

"Definitely the healer. You both know I love helping people." I answer.

"Healer, huh? That's a very important role. I guess I'll pick the wizard, then." Sebastian replies.

Sam adds, "Cool. Warrior's my favorite anyway."

"Let's begin..." Sebastian starts. "The King has entrusted you and your companions with recovering the Solarion Staff... a task which, if completed successfully, will ensure your place in the hall of legends as well as a sizable fortune of gold and silver. After a long month journeying across unforgiving lands, you step out onto a precipice to see your destination looming in the distance. There, beyond a moonlit plain, lies the Necromancer's Tower... where Dreadlord Xarth usurps the power of the stolen Solarion Staff for his vile purposes. The tower lies before you. ...Xena?"

"Oh, huh?" I couldn't help but be entranced while listening to Sebastian read. He was speaking so confidently and clearly. Ugh, I love him so much... Wait, what?

"Um, so, go in the front or look for a back entrance?"

"Search for a back entrance. Let's remain hidden."

"After searching around the base of the tower, you discover a trapdoor hidden in the brush. Beneath is a ladder, which your party descends. You find yourself in a sewer-like corridor. To your left, a hallway glows with a peculiar green light. To your right, a staircase leads up into the dark. What do you do?"

"Enter the hallway to my left. Green is best color." I pronounce.

Sebastian smiles and reads, "You are in a room. On your left is a ladder. On your right, three prisoners are floating in strange, glowing capsules. They appear to be in the process of some kind of transformation. Could this be some sick experiment of the Dreadlord's? What do you do?"

"Oh God, destroy the capsules!"

"After putting these poor souls to rest, you and your companions climb the ladder. Xarth: Intruders? How dare you trespass in my private chambers! Ah, so you've come for the Solarion Staff... Hehehe... fools. You'll make a nice addition to my skeleton army! Dreadlord Xarth casts shadow beam! You were able to dodge the spell, but your companions are gravely injured! What do you do?"

My eyes widen and I fuss. "But I love you both! I wanna save both of you!"

"Hey, it's only a game. Don't worry." Sebastian comforts. Sam smiles.

"I guess I'll just heal Sebastian then. Sorry, Sam." I apologize.

"Thanks, Xena." Sebastian gushes. "I'll cast 'Pure Bolt'. A beam of white light hits Xarth square in the face. The Dreadlord shrieks and crumbles into dust. You pick up the Solarion Staff and hold it high. Order has been restored to the world."

"What'd we get?" Sam questions peppily.

"Uh... B. Hey, not bad! It took me like, three or four tries to beat my first scenario." Sebastian states.

"I'm gonna assume I did pretty well then!" I enthuse.

"Thanks for stopping by, Xena. I'll see you later." the emo replies.

"We'll see you later." Sam corrects.

I giggle and get up. "See ya, guys!" The two of them smile at me as I exit Sebastian's room.