Chapter 8: Voices In My Head

Noelle's POV

Zayn was rocking me back and forth while I continued to hold my head. The pain was horrible. Hushed whispers and rushed words were going through my mind. I couldn't understand them but they wouldn't go away. Zayn finally picked me up and carried me back to my house. He sat me down on the couch while he headed to the kitchen. I let my head go and laid back against the back of the couch. I kept my eyes closed and breathed in and out slowly.  Soon enough, Zayn comes into the living room with a glass of water. He sits next to me and passes me the glass. "Here, drink this. It might help with your throat from all of that screaming." his tone is calm and sympathetic. I mutter out a 'thanks' and take a drink of the cold water. 

I sigh after swallowing the water and place the glass on the table. "Can I ask what happened back there? Why were you screaming?" Zayn places his right arm around my shoulders and his left hand on my thigh. I took a deep breath and told him the first thing that came to mind. "If I knew the answer, I would tell you but I'm just as clueless as you." I lean my head onto his shoulder. Zayn's body starts to shake and I look up to see him coughing. I lean back and his hands cover his mouth. I grab the glass of water and offer it to him but he just knocks it out of my hands. I gasp at the shattering of the glass. Zayn stops coughing and his eyes close. When he opens his eyes and looks at me, they are not his normal caramel color. They are black.

"I told you to stay away from him Jones. So now it's time to pay the price." that sure as hell was not Zayn's voice. That was...LEO'S!!!

I was knocked backwards when Zayn-or should I say Leo- attacked me. My back landed hard onto the floor, knocking the wind out of me. Zayn/Leo straddled my stomach and his hands were clenching my throat. Leo was surely possessing Zayn to get to me. If Leo stays into Zayn's body longer than one hour, then both me and Zayn, are doomed! I grasp his hands and use my vampire strength to pry his fingers away from my throat. I pull his hands away from my neck and push him with all of my might across the room. He catches himself on his feet. I stand up in a flash and start to run towards Zayn's body. I growl and start fighting with Leo. 

"Get the fuck out of his body Leo! He hasn't done anything wrong! Leave him alone!!" I scream. Our fists and legs are going, punching and kicking each other. I pin Leo down to the ground and my hold on his neck was as harsh as his was on mine. "Get out of him and leave him alone. Go back to where you belong." I growl. "Mr. Peterson told you to stay away. You are only hurting him the more you are near him." Leo spits back. I bring his head of the ground and slam it back onto the floor. "I am not leaving his body until you leave. For good!" he yells. "Like hell I'm leaving him!" I grip his throat tighter. "I'm not leaving his body. It will be all your fault when he-" I cut him off by kissing Zayn's lips. This will be the only way Leo will leave his body. The kiss of a good vampire will make the evil vampires vanish from the human's-or any living creature's-body. My hands unclasp from around Zayn's neck and place my palms on his cheeks. When I feel his hands on my hips, I know he is back. 

I pull away and look at him. His eyes open and I let out a sigh of relief when they are back to his gorgeous caramel eyes. "Well, hello beautiful." I blush at his sweet compliment. "When did we get into this position?" he chuckles at his statement. "You were so caught up in the kiss you fell over." I lied. I hated lying to him but I had no other choice. He just smiled at me and rolled us over so he was on top. He kissed me with such passion. He grabbed my side causing me to gasp. When my mouth opened, he took that chance to explore my mouth with his soft tongue. We continued to make out for a while until I heard one of the hushed voices in my head repeat one word, over and over and over again.

"Kill."

"Kill."

"Kill."

"Kill."

"Kill."