Chapter 9: Not as much as me

11th November, 8:30 am

You walk your way downstairs in your dressing down as you head to the kitchen to see Daryl drinking a glass of water, "Morning Dixon" you give a cheeky smile and he gives one back, that smile never means any good.

You walk to the fridge to grab some cold water, "why can't ya ever say my first name?" he asks, "Dixon has more of a ring to it" you say with a smile looking behind your shoulder before you continue grabbing your water. Before you get a chance to grab the bottle you feel Daryl's arms wrap around your waist bringing you closer.

"Daryl-I.." you stutter feeling a little uncomfortable, this was all moving fast.

"Oh so you can say my name?" he asks with a slight laugh. You laugh back as you unwrap his arms from your waist, grabbing your water and sitting down at the kitchen counter. "lemme ask ya something." He turns around to face you across the counter, "mmmmm.." you make a humming noise while drinking your water.

"If you're this badass fighter, how come ya never punched ya old guy in the face when he was being an arse" you looked at him as you shrug your shoulders, "thought I loved him like all idiots do," 

"He punched me once in the middle of all my people in a meeting, I didn't have much control after that, they all threw him out". He listens to every word closely, like, like he actually cared.

"Ya think he still alive?" "pfft I'd be shocked, fucker couldn't protect himself even within these walls" you take another sip before heading back to the fridge to put the water away to save it. "You should've seen Crystal, boy I think she was angrier at me for not telling her" you giggle remembering how upset she was, you knew it was a serious matter but her little Australian accent always made you laugh.

"You didn't tell nobody?' he asks a little upset, you look at him in the middle of kitchen in your robe, "look Dixon I made some very poor choices a year ago, but now trust me when I say I don't put up with anyone's shit" you finish with a smile as you walk upstairs to get dress, leaving Daryl in the kitchen.

You walk upstair and in between getting dressed you catch a glimpse at your bite before pausing and staring at it in the mirror. "Maybe I should check in with the doctor...?" you ask yourself. "Maybe ya should" You turn to see Daryl standing in the doorway leaning to one side.

"Daryl!" you screech covering yourself up to the best you could. "What?' he asks with a grin moving closer to wrap his arms around your waist "ain't nothing I haven't already seen". You laugh in shock feeling really awkward, how is that you can take on 5 people at once, aim a crossbow over your head, escape from a big community full of crazy killers, but this one person was making you more scared than any of that.

"Dixon you need to go and do some hunting or something to distract yourself," you say with a smile moving from his arms putting your top over your head, "maybe," he asks sitting on your bed. "When do you think I can go back to Alexandria?" Those words took you by shook a little, did he not enjoy here? Where you not good enough... no no, he just wants to go back to his friends, this wasn't his home, to begin with.

"How long ago did you get here again?" you ask putting on a jacket, "Bout two weeks ago" you think for a couple of seconds before moving in front of him "give it another week, wanna be safe" you finish your sentence walking out the door, "ya coming along Dixon?" he gives a small nod before following you out.

The thought of him staying another week did make you a little happier, even if it was for his safety. You walk outside with Daryl to see Crystal waiting for your, "Hey Daryl's groups 'ere, wanna talk to him." She says with her hands in pocket, you look back at Daryl indicating for him to go, he gets the message and heads over towards the gate. 

You walk down the steps in front of your house to slowly walk down the street with Crystal, "so..." you hear Crystal say slowly, "so... what?" you say back with a smile waiting for her reaction. "Come on! Are you telling you and that redneck have nothing going on?" she asks quite crazily turning towards you as you do the same. You look at her not saying anything, you don't want to lie to her but you don't really want to tell her either.

You wait about a minute until she breaks out, "Oh my god there totally is!!" "Crystal!" you yell trying to calm her down. "There's nothing technically going on..." you say slowly, "but you like him yeah?" she says nudging your arm with her shoulder. You wait a couple seconds before turning into a little school girl, "okay maybe a little!" you both laugh and giggle for a while before continue walking.

"Well at least tell me he's not like that idiot before, what was his name name?" she asks linking arms with you, "Beau?" "yeah... that cunt" you stop walking as you slap her arm, "Crystal!" you yell at her telling her off. "What?" she asks with a smile. "Don't say that word..." you quickly say trying not to bring attention to the both of you. "I'm Australian it's fine," she says with a smile. You look at her in shock as you continue walking. "You are the worst," you say with a giggle "Learnt from the best," she says looking down at you as you both break out in laughter linking arms again.

A while after of walking Daryl walks up to you two, "Hey what's up, what Rick want?" you ask calmly, he looks up distorted, "Some shit is going on at Alexandria, gotta go down, ya coming?" you give a small nod before looking at Crystal, "I'll keep charge like always" she says wth a smile as you smile back rubbing her shoulder, "love ya" you say with a big grin, "not as much as me" she says giggling walking away. You look back at Daryl as you both head towards the gate.