Chapter 4

((Y/n)'s Pov)

"Corrin! Get back here!," I followed him towards the training yard, but I saw his eyes full of surprise. From where we stood, the both of us saw Link and Zelda breaking a few sweats or two against what I believed was a person in raven. "I wonder who that guy is!," Corrin started heading for the yard. "Corrin! Come back!," I started chasing him down. I still wondered...Who was that person?

(Corrin's Pov)(Human Form)

My, I've never seen both the Hylians fight so well. But, I wondered who that person was in the raven mantles. "Corrin! You're just in time!," Link peered from behind, but clashed his blade against another one. The blade reminded me of the bleak night, but it was stained of blood. I saw eyes, but they were bloody crimson like mine except more brutal. "Corrin! Stop!" I didn't listen to her, but I knew there was something up with the figure. "Take this, bully!," I summoned my blade, and sliced his mantle clean off his body. "How'd you do that?" "That was amazing!" Both of them desire my style, but it seemed the figure didn't give up the fight. He semblance Link in every way except for his raven figure. "Better watch yourself, Corrin. He's like me, but his personality differs from mine.," Link gave me a brief amount of information. "Oh, so he's a twin?" "Not really...He's actually a shadow.," Zelda prepared her next move. The shadowy figure didn't move, but I saw a smirk, and he vanished instantly. Where'd he go? I listened carefully, but I heard something.

"Don't move..." I turned my head, and my eyes were in horror. There, I saw the blade near (y/n)'s neck with her (e/c) eyes begging for mercy. "I'll kill everything that you dearly love. I know what you are.," he placed the blade nearer her neck. I'm not letting her die in front of my face. "Corrin, what's wrong?," Link saw my eyes blaze crimson. I growled under my breath, only musing him,"My, such a beast. Perhaps you and I can have a little fun." "Shut up! Let her go!" "Nice try! If you want her, beat me.," he threw (y/n) towards a wall, and shadow-like vines grappled her arms and legs down.

"I got this you two. Stay out of this!," I peered back, seeing their eyes full of surprise. "You don't know what you're doing!" "Link, let me do this!," I peered around, but I didn't see nor heard him. Where are you, you beast? The scent of blood was somewhere, and I followed it. He came from behind, but my dragon reflexes swiftly saved my ass. "You're not bad...," he flipped back when I tried stabbing him, blinding me somewhat. I saw his figure change, and I was surprised when he copied my form when he landed on my blade,"But your body is still weak." I pulled back, but I was still being ambushed from anywhere. "Corrin! Stop!," Link tried getting me to back down. "Damn!," I felt a wound open up. "Well, found a weak spot!," the shadow headed towards me, but I didn't give in. I leaped high as the blood from my side let loose, and I stabbed him. A violent scream came out from his soul, and I was surprised by the power it possessed inside. "Corrin! Over here!," Link rushed towards me, but I was becoming blurry that I couldn't see. "Corrin!"

((y/n)'s Pov)

After the shadows released me from the wall, I was in horror as the blood from Corrin's side continued to bleed. "Thank goddess he came swiftly.," Link placed the shadow's soul into a pearl that turned raven,"We would've been done for." "What're you saying?" "That shadow we were fighting was mine." "There was a rival that hated the both of us so much that he cursed Link to have his shadow accomplish the dirty work." "I know this may sound crazy, but we're connected.," Link peered at the pearl, seeing a shadowy face come back. "You two knew each other...?" "Not really, but physically. Body and shadow..." "Sounds awful...Having your own self attempt to conquer you.," I felt ashamed, but more regret came upon my face,"I'm sorry about Corrin." "Don't say that. He never told me nor any of us that he possessed a blade so strong."

All three of us were astonished once Marth came. "I heard what was going on, and I decided to come out." "The fault is mine...," Link came forward with dishonor. Slap! The both of us were shocked, seeing the mark Marth left behind. Redness of a mark spread across Link's right cheek, but he kept silent. "If it wasn't for your impulsive actions, he would've never came out." Both of the males stared in the eyes until Marth left. "Link?" He refused to listen, then left. "Let him go.," I supported her,"He'll need some time alone." "I'm more worried about Corrin.," the brunette noticed his wounds,"Wait! He was bleeding a few minutes ago." "Let me see!," I rushed over, and I was astonished,"My, he's a swift healer." "Perhaps his body knew the situation, and shut down for him to heal." "I dunno, but maybe Corrin can give us a few answers."

(Time Skip)
(Corrin's Pov)(Human Form)

My eyes finally rested enough when my other senses tingled. "Oh, you're up." "(y/n)?," I blinked a few times,"You're sweet." "It's not much, but I wanna talk to you.," she gave me a few pieces of food: Cooked salmon, few fresh berries from the garden, and a squishy and sweet smelling bread that bounced lightly when I touched it. "Go on.," she intended me to eat. Why not? I was starving after that battle against that shadow. "Thanks!," I started eating the fish, but I wasn't sure on the bread. "It's a cake. You'll like it." Oh... "Corrin, I was really intrigued by your battle capabilities.," she noted my blade,"I've never seen such craft before. The only weapon I held was a knife." "You're jealous, aren't you?," I kept eating a bit. "Sort of...," she peered at the sheath,"Yato...?" "It's my blade's name.," I finished the berries,"Only a few of our kind can hold such a blade." "I'm betting it's rare." "It's a one of a kind!," I winked, but I saw a few bandages on my side.

"Your wound opened, and I was worried sick." "My, I've never seen your kind care so much for others." "What do you mean?" "You've been brutal to my species." "C'mon! You're human like me, right?" "Not exactly...." "I don't understand...," I peered at his body again,"Your ears are pointed like Link and Zelda, but you act as if you're an animal." "That's because I'm a type of beast." "Really?" "I can prove it!," I got out of bed,"Let me show you the best of sport." "How?" "Not with my blade, but with my own strength.," I smirked with mischief.