Chapter 2

Bella's POV

Alarms blare in my ears, shaking me out of my sleep.  My hand slips out from under my head and begins pounding my night table, searching for the snooze button on my alarm clock.  When my fist finally pounds my alarm clock, the noise has not yet stopped.  I sit up in confusion, only to realize that it is my earpiece.  

"Bella, Elisabeth, there is an armed escaped prisoner in your area.  The police are on their way, but in the mean time you need to track him down" our boss whispers to us through our earpieces.  Why are we required to wear them at all times?  

"On it" I hear my sister groan from the other room as her feet hit the floor.  I grab my shotgun as we quickly slip out of our bedroom windows, at eleven at night.  I take a deep breath before I take a running jump out of the window.   Seconds later I land in someone's arms.  I struggle out of them in shock; I was expecting to land on the ground.  

"Woah, did you just come from heaven?" An familiar excited voice beams.  I stop struggling for a moment to look into the persons eyes, and then I completely freeze.  

"What's wrong?" he asks.  I slowly slip my shotgun into my pocket and pull my shirt over it without breaking eye contact with this man that I see every day...on the posters on my walls.  

"Rocky!" I squeal.  Oh my gosh, he's so much taller and handsomer in person!  The way his hair falls and that perfect amount of stubble is just so perfect!  Why is it not socially appropriate to kiss random strangers?  I'm shaken out of my Rocky fantasies by my earpiece buzzing.  

"Uhhhh, I gotta go" I stammer as I jump out of his arms.  Lizzie jumps down soon after me and also lands in Rocky's arms.  She does a double take when she sees it's him.  For some reason, jealousy boils inside me, causing me to go back and grab Lizzie's arm.  I drag her out of Rocky's arms and down the street.  

"Dude, that was Rocky freaking Lynch" she whispers as my hand tightens around her wrist.  

"I know" I snap with annoyance.  

"Remind me to tell the agency to never wake you up again" she groans as we continue walking.  After a little more walking, Liz and I are completely lost and freezing cold.  

"You know they could have been a little more specific that 'in your area'" she shivers.  

"I know right!" I yell.  Just then, the cold night feels a lot more unsafe.  The street light shorts out and it is completely pitch dark.  Liz and I freeze just as we hear footsteps behind us.  We grab our shotguns out of our pockets before spinning around and holding up our guns.   As we suspected, a creepy buff man in an orange jumpsuit is right infront of us, holding his gun up as well.  We all stand still as icy cold breezes dance across our skin.  

Rocky.  He was so beautiful in real life, but I can't help but wonder what he was doing in our neighborhood at eleven at night.  Maybe he was just destined to catch me, even though I would have landed myself.  When we get back, he'll be there with a bouquet of red roses and his adorable Rocky smirk on his face, waiting to ask me out.  Then, our first date is going to go so well that he'll ask me to marry him right then and there.  I'll, of course, say yes and we'll have a big traditional wedding and the wedding colors will be light blue and silver and- My thoughts are interrupted by me getting shoved against a brick wall by that prisoner dude.  

"Oh come on!  I was just getting married!" I cry, but I have bigger problems than my fantasies getting interrupted...like the gun being held against my head.  That could turn out to be a huge problem. Instead of questioning what I just said, Lizzie simply shoots the man in the head.  He falls to the floor and she leans up against the wall next to me while we wait for the police.  

"Were you seriously daydreaming about marrying Rocky?  You could've died!" she exclaims.  

"Hah, no...it's eleven at night" I retort.  

"Oh same thing" she groans.  We wait there in silence for the police.  They eventually show up and question us, since Lizzie did just murder him, but after Liz shows them her licence they drag the body off and we finally get to go home.  I eagerly race home, excited to see my Rocky waiting for me, but my dreams are soon crushed when we step up onto the porch and he isn't there.  

"Oooh look!  I think the new neighbors move in!" Liz squeals in excitement before tapping me and pointing at the house next door, whose windows are illuminated.  I let out a groan in acknowledgment as I open the door and trudge into the house.  I make my way back up to my room and slip into my nice warm bed.  I let out a yawn before making eye contact with my Rocky poster.  Why is he so gorgeous? I let out a yawn before sitting up in my sleepy haze and pressing my lips against the poster.  I continue to passionatly kiss the poster for a little while, until my door creeks open.  

"And you say you don't kiss posters" Lizzie giggles.  

"Get out of here, you" I laugh before throwing a pillow at her.  She swiftly closes the door before it hits her and I flop back on my bed.  I quickly drift off to sleep and awaken hours later to the sound of a sizzling stove and the smell of cinnamon french toast wafting into my room.  I bolt downstairs and collect a plate of french toast.  I drown my french toast in butter and then smother it with jam before picking it up and stuffing it into my mouth.  It gets all over my pajamas, but I don't care since I'll be taking a shower soon.  

I plop myself down on the couch next to Lizzie, who is fasinated with something outside of the window. Being too lazy to check, I just shove the rest of my french toast in my mouth.  After I finish the rest of my french toast, I stand up and turn around to see what Liz is staring at, and of course, it is none other than Ryland Lynch.