#2

Back again with #2! Hope you like it!

I kind of changed it, cause I've never actually said  the following, but I just imagined a conversation where it'd be really awkward to be in the room and not be a part of the argument. 

Prompt #2: If you've ever said, "I wish I was a fly on the wall for that conversation", write about what you might have seen or heard.

"Get out!" she screamed, slamming the door behind her. The tall man in the expensive suit followed quickly, stretching out his hands in a placating gesture.

"Come on, Marie, let me explain," he pleaded, but she whirled around, her long evening gown twisting violently around her.

"What is there to explain?" she shrieked hysterically. "You know what you did, I know what you did, Henry knows what you did- what rational explanation would you have?"

The man came to a stop a few feet away from her. "Henry doesn't know," he scoffed, waving his hand dismissively. Marie laughed, but it held only derision and no humor.

"Oh, he knows alright. Everybody knows, Charlie!"

Charlie took a step backwards. "Everybody?" he repeated, instantly becoming wary. "Are you sure?"

"If I know Stella Ross, then yes, everybody knows."

"Damn," Charlie groaned, dropping into a nearby chair. His whole body crumpled and he ran a hand over his face.

"So if you're worried about the mayor finding out, I'd say you're screwed," Marie told him, keeping her defensive posture. He sighed, slumping over and holding his head in his hands.

"What am I gonna do, Marie?" he begged, looking up at her with misery etched on every line of his face. Marie crossed her arms.

"Well, you're gonna start my getting out of my house," she said firmly. Charlie's jaw dropped in shock.

"Marie!" he exclaimed, standing up. "You can't-- you can't do this to me!"

"Well, I am," she sniffed, and pointed at the door. "Leave. I don't want to see you anymore. Not after tonight."

Charlie hung his head. "Marie, look, I'm sorry about it. I'm sorry about all of it. I wish you and Stella hadn't gotten involved."

"So do I, Charlie, but there's nothing you can do about it," Marie replied. "So leave."

Charlie looked at her sadly, sighed, and left, closing the door gently behind him.

Marie watched his retreating form and started at the closed door before she began to sob, tears pouring from her eyes and sobs wracking her entire body. She collapsed, holding onto the chair for support.

"Oh, Charlie," she sniffled, glancing once again at the closed door. "I wish I hadn't been caught up in this, too."

-Fin-

Sooo, whaddya think? Good? Okay? Waste of internet space? Is that even a thing? Comments, questions, etc? Your take?

Don't hesitate to share with me!

~Onyx