Chapter I

(A/N) The  multimedia above is to set the mood for the chapter. You can also find this cross-posted to AO3. 

'I hate you, for all the love in my heart, even if the world freezes over is for you.'

Closing the book, Minyoung threw it into her suitcase, heaving a sigh as she looked around her room, which had been completely stripped and packed away for when she moved to the dorms at her new university, University of Seoul. She lived in a minimalistic style, all 18 years of her life fitting into a suitcase and a carry on. The room was bare, the only thing showing signs of life being that she had left the sheets on the bed, seeing as she wouldn't need them since her mom and aunt had given her new ones as a going away present. She quickly zipped up her suitcase, before slinging on her carry on backpack. Trudging across the wooden floor, she could feel the slight heat emanating off of the warm floorboards, even through her white sandals that she wore around the house. Despite it being winter, she still felt warm. Heaving her and her suitcase down the steps wasn't too much of a challenge, but, was still trying considering how out of shape Minyoung clearly was. Finally reaching the bottom of the steps, Min Young breathed out a sigh of over exaggerated relief.

'Would you like a drink of green tea? You've worked hard, brat.' a old, yet strong voice said from besides Min Young.

Glancing to her side, Min Young smiled at the ghost who had appeared there, a kind sweet old lady who had died in her sleep. She hadn't left any relatives to grieve, seeing as she was widowed when she was 25 and had refused to marry again and as a result, she never had kids. However, everyone in the neighborhood was her child essentially and she had refused to move on in order to keep a close eye on them. Since she has been around so long, she had gained the ability to solidify the closer it got to night. Seeing how it was dusk, Min Young wasn't surprised by the fact that she was able to hold the pitcher. It was a shame only Min Young could see her, everyone else knew she existed but seeing ghosts was only an ability she possessed (no pun intended).

'Thanks Halmeoni, I really needed that.' Min Young said graciously, accepting the glass, frost melting away where her fingertips made contact.

'Now you be careful now, just because I was born, lived and died here in Busan, doesn't mean I don't get the time to check out Seoul whenever I have some spare time. You know Choi David-ssi's daughter moved to Seoul. Found herself quite the looker too.' (Grandma) went on to say, her rambling causing Min Young to hide a smile behind the rim of the glass.

'Watch out for thugs and most tourists can't speak more than a few basic Korean sentences, so you may want to speak in a Seoul dialect and most of them are harmless so don't worry about them. Traffic is crazy and if you think we bend the laws for driving here they already snapped them over there. So, be careful when you're on your own, which I still don't approve of by the way. ' here she stopped abruptly to throw a shrewd glance at Min Young who tried to look sheepish.

'Try to make some friends while you're at it okay? But don't get too cozy. Some boys over there need a good beating to set them straight, but I didn't make you take Taekwondo for almost 16 years for no reason. But some of the boys don't look too bad, so bring one home, eh? I want more grandchildren.' she finished with a sly smirk.

Min Young promptly choked on her green tea because despite her Halmeoni always managing to say something indecent, the sheer bluntness shocked her. Especially, considering how conservative South Korea was.