Clarisse's Last Hour

Her long locks of silken bronze hair carefully caresses around her rose petal cheeks which were sun burnt by the late afternoon sun which quickly faded into the shadows of the day.Pondering, wondering, how do sunsets occur as they reveal orange rays before the twilight beckoned upon the blur. Letting herself fly on the set of swings, staring into the outer world while wishing one day that it could be carefully explored. Hearing a sudden rustle below her, she quickly hopped off to see who could be there observing her. Breathing deeply, she opened her mouth in curiosity,

" Who is there looking over for me? Could it be someone would like to have a chat with me about the everlasting blanket of stars?"

Her eyes with bits of violet amber here and there examined her surroundings but only gathered a basket full of "how's" and very little "why's". She shrugged off the curiosity and locked it in the back of her mind, for she was running late in time to come back home.

Her feet shifted her body towards the street where her safe haven lies by the cheerful chestnut tree that yearns for water,soil, space and light which are given day and night.

As she was taking her stroll that was filled with so much thinking for her dear neighbour Montag. Contemplating, whether he'll ever find the happiness as she does by observing people's daily lives and enjoying the delightful whiff of the autumn leaves at the foot stool of the trunks or how she adores the language of water.Tap.Tap.Tap. A thousand million taps at once that makes her want to taste the water and dance along with the small drops for rain has infinities over finiteness, rainbow over dullness, freshness over dryness, the new over the old.

She swiftly looked over at the direction of her shoulder as she was crossing the blood thirsty road.0,5 seconds, a red truck charging like a bull. 0,7 seconds, a furious man with the salamander inside of it. 1 second, a smile planted on Clarisse's face, thinking, You're too late fireman. 1.5 seconds , Clarisse's is scattered all about on the dark road that took her milk like skin but her knowledge untouched.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*INSPIRED BY RAY BRADBURY'S NOVEL FAHRENHEIT 451**

Thank you for reading my first work even though it's not much . I hope you enjoyed :)

Con amor,

O.C