Cold Blooded Faith: The Beginning

Prelude:

It was the years of the Holy Roman Empire and most of the underclassmen were looking for answers, something to give them comfort, wealth, opportunity, anything to quench the thirst of the common dirt poorness. The Pope and Bishops of the church were that answer, or so everyone thinks. The church recognizes the power in voice they have and realize that they posses more power than most any monarchy. It was at that point they started to use that power to scam others out of wealth with false indulgences and other ways to leech off of profit. And in the underbelly of the church was a scandalous group of people. The group I'm referring to is the "Cold Blooded Clan". A ruthless group of vampires that had the church under there fingernail, and yes, That's just how powerful they are. You reading this might be asking yourself of how might I know this. My name is Alexander Koffin and I am a vampire myself. I belong to a clan of vampires known as the "Tremere", victims refer to me as "A Bloody Warlock". The victims are not wrong though, I am basically a "Warlock" but its more than just that. I am a vampire that is over a century old, I have seen the Dark Ages and have always found a way to do my part to earn my daily bread. Ever since most of the monarchies have been thwarted, I have been practicing mercenary work. Its easier than it seems since most of the victims know nothing of my power. I've kept a reputation and made even the higher powers slightly worried. The church knows that non-clan or common vampires vampires are lurking and because they're puppets to the "Cold Blooded Clan", they can easily snuff out and determine if anyone is part of the clan or not. Call it wits or maybe thrallship but they will know, no matter what. I generally am in the town "Carpetbaggers" a small town just several miles away from the bigger churchheld town of "Axelynia". I find myself in the tavern named "The Sleeping Ram Inn" looking for work, though difficult when most people are dirt poor and bartering goats, chicken, and even daughters just for a meal.

Chapter 1: The Destiny

It's become more apparent as I look around the tavern that men are starting blankly,bags under there eyes and coughing violently. It felt as though I were sitting in a room full of dead people. Men occasionally glare at each other with distasteful or malicious looks. Some state at me and I could tell they were scanning for appraisal with my equipment. Though I'm a man of bloodthirst I was hoping I wouldn't out welcome my stay by causing violence. I made haste out the door, fumbling through my property to make sure I had all my items.
"Orb, sword, armor still intact, Okay I'm fine", I mumble to myself.
I begin walking to market square. at the market square, anything can happen, theft, murder, and assault. Today the market square wind currents must've changed because I saw a strange prophet. The prophet looked ancient with caved in eyes that look as dark as coal, Unseen hair from the top of his cranium but instead hair ringed around the back of his head. He could also be seen as frail though hard to tell with the layers of robes coating him.

"God does not speak to the power but to the wise! They speak of comfort, I speak of truth! Heed these words lords and ladies, the angel of death approach and it is furious with us!"

To me these words phased through me as much as the wind blowing against my steel breastplate. Others held kin tightly at these shuttering words, some called bluffs on the "madman" holding close to their religion. The prophet looked to everyone with anger then towards me with shock. There is a slight pause, I feel the world around me and this individual turn violent and I wish I could've turned away from those shaded eyes. The crazed man bolts at me and grabs onto whatever cloth he can attached to my armor.

"You carry these words to heart, you can see past the ignorance, prophecy doesn't lie! You share this story and will break the church!"