Chapter Eight

Jessica's POV: He sat down on my bed with me and handed me my bag so I could get my calculator out.

"So you said you're having troubles setting them into the inequality right?" He asked me.

"Right" I responded.

"Ok let me write down a random question and then I'll help you"

I watched as he wrote something down and then he laid the notebook on the bed so I could see.

If you have $50 and buy 4 blue shirts and 9 red shirts, how much did each shirt cost?

"Should I try it on my own first?"

"No we'll talk through it"

"Okay"

"Okay so is there anything that you do know for setting it up?"

"Well I know the 50 goes I'm the middle and it doesn't matter where the other two goes"

"So do you just have problems with the signs?"

"Kinda"

"Okay well...

He finished explaining and then I put everything back in my bag.

"Do you need help with anything else?" He asked me.

"No"

"Alright I'm going to head back home then"

"Okay see you tomorrow"

He waited for a second and then he turned and walked out the door. I didn't walk him down or anything because I'm not really feeling the best. I looked at the time and it was already eight so I decided to just go ahead and take a shower. We were having left overs for supper so I can just eat when I get out. I grabbed pjs and everything and got in then got out and ate. I ate some left over pizza and then I went back up to my room. My stomach started hurting very badly so I just laid down on my bed.

"Mom" I yelled and she came up.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm sick"

"Okay well if you're still feeling this way in the morning you can stay home"

"Okay love you"

"Love you too" She replied and walked out.

I turned off the light and got under the covers and she walked back in. She sat a bottle of sprite on my night stand and a little trash can by my bed and kissed my forehead.

"Oh wow Jessica you're really hot I need to take your temperature"

She walked out and a few minutes later she walked back in and stuck the thing under my tongue.

"I think you should stay home tomorrow, get some rest goodnight"

The next morning

I woke up and leaned over to the trash can and got sick. I looked at the time on my phone and groaned. It was 6:36. My mom came up and checked on me and everything and said I had to stay home so yay. That probably also means Johnnie can't come over.

"Hey I'm here to pick Jess up" I heard him say to my mom.

"She's not going to school today"

"Is she sick?"

"Yes"

"Do you mind if I go up and check on her?"

"Sure but make it quick"

I heard Johnnie coming up the stairs and then he came into my room.

"Hey Jess, how are you feeling?"

"Pretty horrible" I responded.

"Look as soon as I come home from school I will bring you some soup and keep you company okay?"

"Okay but please don't mention food"

"I'm sorry"

I knew I was about to get sick so I grabbed the trash can.

"You better leave" I told him.

"No I'm going to be here for you"

I started getting sick and he pulled my hair away from my face and handed me a napkin when I was done.

"Johnnie you need to get going soon"

"I know"

"I'll sleep until you get back" I told him.

"Okay well stay hydrated" He said as he kissed my forehead and walked out.

He shut off the lights and closed the door on his way out and I got under the covers. 

After school

I woke up about an hour again and just laid there thinking. I read a little bit but that was about it.

"Hey" Johnnie said walking in.

He left the light off just in case I was sleeping though.

"You can turn the light on" I responded.

He turned it on and I sat up so he could sit on the bed with me.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Not really"

"I'm sorry, I got your homework for you though so you wouldn't fall behind"

"Thank you"

"Have you drank or ate anything?"

"No"

"Drink" He said handing me the bottle of sprite.

"Fine but I'm not eating, it'll just come back up anyways"

I took a sip and he motioned for me to drink so more so I did. I sat the bottle back on the night stand and then he grabbed my hand.

"I hope this is just a 24 hour bug" I said.

"Hopefully"

"Don't you need to do chores or anything?"

"No I did them before I came over"

"Did you eat, we have pizza down stairs from a couple nights ago"

"I'll be fine" He responded.

"Thank you for being here but I don't want you to catch this"

"It'll be okay"