five

After we have the pizza, without the mouthwash because the boss delivered it we now are going to part separate ways. 'It's super weird that we are walking the same way, maybe our neighbours kids have gone out or something?' I nod my head as I slightly start to feel embarrassed.

'Have you remembered to bring another dress yeah, Dane?" I nod my head.

'I suppose you can't tell I'm wearing it under this...can you?' Kyle and Janna both shake their heads. I really like what Janna is wearing, it's a white glittery dress thing. She says that she's going as a snowball. Kyle on the other hand is dressed up in this seven foot Christmas tree outfit.

There's a long pause as we casually stroll down the really long road. We then head towards a flat, the same flat building. Janna stops and points at me. 'Where about's is this party?' She questions looking super confused.

'Top floor, Dan Smith's place.' Her eyes widen.

'NO FUCKING WAY!' Kyle jaw drops open and tries to hug me. He ends up just putting his hand on my back because his unable to actually hug me.

'More to the fucking point what is someone under twenty five doing at our traditional Christmas party?' I don't think I should tell them that Dan's my professor.

I just shrug. 'I know Dan and he invited me.' I don't know why exactly. Maybe he saw how much I detest normal uni parties. Maybe I reminded him of himself?

Wishful thinking anyway.

'So are you and Dan like a thing or-' I cut her off mor for less laughing.

'God no, we are just friends from university. Anyway, how long do these things normally last for? I'm a bit rusty with house parties?' I felt the need to change the topic before it got too weird.

'Well, let's just say when Dan gets fucking pissed it's hilarious and it'll make you wanna stay. Close friends normally crash over it goes on that late...' oh my god. This sounds like my idea of hell.

'I wonder where all the black granite and lava is?' I laugh to myself quickly walking up the stairs, as I do so there's then a distinct smell of weed.

'As you can tell we only have weed.' Hell. Pure hell.

'And this is it. This is Dan's flatshare.' Kyle opens the door as him and Janna walk in revealing everyone dancing, dancing or crashing on the sofa holding alcohol, people in the back are on the balcony smoking, the others stand around or sit on the floor playing games. To be honest, it doesn't look like hell. It just smells like it.

I'm clearly not a drugs kind of girl.

'Dane!' Dan calls my name wearing a Santa's hat and fake beard.

'Hey Mr. Smith" I joke.

'Oi, cut that bullshit out! It's Dan, you're old enough to call me by my real name anyway. Fucking university.' He nudges me on my arm.

'I wasn't expecting to see you fully dedicated. You know...like dressed up.' He points to my elf outfit and I shrug.

'It was this or a shitty old Rudolph onesie.' Dan nods his head before he shyly points behind him smiling. Blushing.

'Do you...er...wanna get a drink? Help yourself to whatever's left.' I nod my head and walk towards the kitchen and pour myself a large glass of vodka.

As soon as it's filled to the top I gulp it down in anxiety and in nerve. I think I have a crush on my main professor and...in movies where girls fall in love with their professors ad things happen. Dane, you gotta stop acting like this.

There's a knock on the kitchen door, startled I turn only to see him lean against the door with a smug smile on his handsome face. 'Hi' I whisper.

'Hello' he whispers back with his hands behind his back.

'Uh, thanks for inviting me to the party...it looks really awesome.' Dan then smile shaking his head.

'Nah, Irma actually really boring since we are on a alcohol limit. I didn't by enough booze-" I look at what was my 'full' glass of vodka and immediately feel guilty. He must've saw that I took to much.

'Sorry...I had no idea.' I hold my glass out to Dan in shame.

He laughs. 'Bet you regret not going to that stupid party at uni?' Maybe I should tell him.

'I know it's stupid but me...a twenty four year old woman...well I'm still getting....' I sigh. I can't bottle it up forever.

'I'm getting teased by other ladies...the one the door slipped on this earlier. And yeah, here I feel safe. In university I don't feel safe. Anywhere is better than there.' Dan sincerely crosses his arms tightly and nods his head.

'I know.' He whispers walking up to me.

'About what?' I ask as my heart beats ten to the dozen.

'About those girls breaking your arm. You reported the incident and it's all over your notes." Fuck. Of course it is.

'Stop trying to be brave. Be yourself, they can't hurt you when you're around me.' That's then I look at Dan confused.

His face is now a matter of centimetres away from mine. 'Why would I be around you?' I whisper staring into his amazing eyes.

'Because of this.' He whispers as he holds my waist and kisses me passionately.

What the fuck?