3: Comic Con time!

This is the first chapter offering a choice. Each option will take the story in another direction.

    Sayaka and Madoka take me to a comic convention in the nearby city of Kazamino. They are excitedly discussing which events to attend.

    "Cosplay is obvious. We're already dressed up for it."

    It is true - Mami made sure I used her wardrobe to look like a Survey Corps member from Attack on Titan. I asked her if she'd come too, but she declined citing unavoidable business.

    Sayaka wears a short black wig, and tells us to cut the -ka from her name to get the name of her character, Saya. Madoka on the other hand, shows me pictures of the two people they play. I inspect them.

    "You both look like copies of them." They do look quite similar to Saya Otonashi and a Yui from an anime called Angel Beats.

    Sayaka then asks how I've managed to dress up.

"I had help at home."

"We'll need to meet Mami-san and get a makeover one of these days."

    Checking the time, Madoka speaks,"Our bus should be here soon."

    In a minute, the bus arrives and we board it. Inside, we decide to attend the cosplay, then check out merchandise before it gets sold out, attend a concert and after that, an interactive session with a couple of voice actors. In case time remained, we could go along with whatever is left.

    The conductor announces our destination's arrival. We hop off, ready to experience the convention. A person stands at the entrance of the building. Sayaka shows three passes and we are shown in. The ground to third floors are reserved for various events and we are told to go to the first for the cosplay.

    The day goes in a blur. The three of us attend the cosplay, Sayaka getting a prize for her acting skills. We go up to the third floor for the concert which turns out to be fun. I'd never seen performers that good live. Seeing the break in our schedule, we get ourselves some food. Then comes the voice actor session. An interview followed by a meet and greet, we could tell they cannot catch a break. Just like us today.

    We go through the list since the sessions ended earlier than we'd expected. A photo-op, anime interactive, and karaoke are the only events available. Madoka and Sayaka want the interactive so I tag along.

    The group assembled for the interactive is a bit too large, so the volunteers decide to split us into two - those in costume and those not. A red-haired girl leads us to one section of the room while munching an apple.

"I'm Kyōko Sakura, and I will lead you through this." *chomp* "You can take part individually or as a group and as you all are in costume, assume that as your identity."

    We form a group of three. We're told to consider the traits our characters possess and make a note about them on the tablets they give us. I inspect the tablet by clicking on the various icons. Seems to be made for this very purpose - it'll be quite nice.

"Just follow the instructions on each device and make sure to keep the group icon on if you're in one."

     We turn on the group icon, take pictures to match our identity - forming avatars and put in character points. Saya and I have enhanced battle powers while Madoka has increased general abilities. We make sure to balance out our strengths and weaknesses so as to handle any situation. A message appears asking us to choose a location.

Battlefield
Forest
Castle

     The three of us instinctively opt for the forest. Two other groups choose the forest too, while most of the solo players pick either the battlefield or the castle.

Registered in Forest:
Group Saya Otonashi (3)
Group Fullmetal (4)
Group Capitol (6)
Solo Annie Leonhardt
Solo Draco Malfoy

All participants have a quest: find an item located with another group and meet up with your volunteer, in this case Sakura. Participants are requested not to physically harm each other. Every member gets a hint. The quest will commence in 3..2..

     A forest opens up on the screen. A pop-up appears. I click on it. The status bars of my teammates appear along with all our hints.

She has it
Partly concealed
Quite obvious

    Who gets these half-baked ideas? 
    Hopefully they may not be too vague for those in solo but who knows? We decide our item is something one of the females wear, perhaps an accessory.

    Draco Malfoy runs to Kyōko, holding out a silver pocket watch. While they talk, Edward Elric yells. At least we know who's missing something. We ought to get our act together. Madoka has already begun scouting. We have to look for either the other groups or Annie. We decide to look for her alone, it'd be easier.

     Annie is found following the Capitol. We take our positions, and I swiftly remove her clip, her hair falling all over the face. She turns around and hands us Saya's dagger (it's not real).

"Guess we're even." Annie nonchalantly walks over to Kyōko. We follow.

"Ooh a double take. Nice work, all of you." *munch* The others get done soon and our items are returned.

"You have all passed this stage. The next stage has one question, depending on the character you cosplay. It is to be answered in first person and is a solo activity, more or less."

    We receive our separate questions. Mine is bound to have deep stuff. Annie comes over to me and decides to peer at my question.

"Lazy lumps. We have to answer the same thing. You'd expect them to give us all different stuff. This is something though." I look at the paper again.

"If you had to save one person from a terrible fate, what would be your justification for doing so?"

In a normal Survey Corps/ Attack on Titan situation, there would be plenty to say.

Instead, I find my thoughts going back to the night in the garden.

If given a chance to talk to Homura using my mind instead of words what would I say?

     The only thoughts coming are super odd, but true nonetheless. Looks like something has to be written here.

"And you are dismissed. Okay not really. This place will be open 3 weeks from now at the same time for stage 2. Anyone who wants a contact can take my number."

     Sayaka leaves us to get Kyōko's number. She and Madoka fall asleep in the bus, leaving me with my thoughts again. After a while, I am sure of one thing I'd like to say to Homura if we were in an alternate universe.

~ You've always been my favourite character. I have to give you another chance. If someone else were in your place I'd help them too.
(Continues in 4 A)

~I want to know you better — become friends and you can't have expected me to just leave you like this.
(Continues in 4 B)

~Technically, I know this is the only way I think you'll be able to redeem yourself and everyone else.
(Continues in 4 C)