Soraru's Diary - Entry #8

Date: 13th May 2017.

Weather: Cloudy.

I made a grave mistake.

Why did I ever decide to leave this book on the coffee table in our living room to go make Mafumafu a cup of hot chocolate? No wonder he refused to open the door for me. He was so quiet it made me realise something was wrong, but it took me a while to realise what was it.

I let out a sigh when he just wouldn't budge, so I placed the tray down on the floor, right in front of his door.

"I'll leave it here and go back into my room, don't take too long or your drink is going to get cold," I said as I tapped his door twice.

Oh, I definitely remembered to pick this book up with me back into my room (similar to Mafumafu's, just not as messy as his). But it was only when I decided to write about how Mafumafu refused to talk to me, I noticed a new entry in one of the pages.

I was very sure I kept count of the entries I made in here, and it was just yesterday, of course I remembered what number was it (Entry #6). The problem now was, there was a new entry, entry #7, which clearly, wasn't written by me. And neither was the handwriting mine. I read through it, obviously.

No wonder he decided to ignore me for the whole day.

Because he read this stupid book.

I knew I shouldn't have started this up. I could already imagine him making fun of me about it with that annoying tone of his that I know very well of. He only does that when he found out something he never thought I'd have in me.

And this time, he found one of my most embarrassing secrets out. To be fair, I was careless. I should have been a little more careful with this if I didn't want Mafumafu to know.

With that, I should burn this book.

... Heck, even as I said that, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I might not have written a lot in this book but all of the entries I wrote were all about Mafumafu after all. Not to mention, I intentionally bought this book to write about him.

When I first read the latest entry by an intruder none other than my Mafumafu, I couldn't help but smile. I never thought that he would suddenly confess his love to me in my own book because he seemed shocked and upset in the first few lines. I had to say, it caught me off guard. And his handwriting was really messy. It might have been because I was almost done with the preparation of his supper in the kitchen so he quickly scribbled something on my book before escaping back into his room.

Come to think of it, I never saw him today either.

I sat in my chair with this book, opened at the page where Mafumafu scribbled on, in my hands. I closed it and stood up from my seat, walking out of my door and towards Mafumafu's. I knocked on it again and waited to see if he would give me a response.

There was none. No surprise there.

"... Will you talk to me?"

A thump. He threw something at his door. It might have been his Mafuteru pillow.

"Do you hate Soraru-san so much, you wouldn't talk to him?"

He opened his door. It came straight into contact with my face. I held my face in my hands and crouched down on the ground, my shoulders trembled a little due to the pain. I thought he broke my nose, but thank heavens, he didn't. 

Why am I dating a person this violent? Soraru, you could have had it better.

He muttered his apology, looking extremely guilty for hurting me. I shook my head and put up my palm at him, signalling him to give me some time to recover. He got down to the same eye level as me and kept apologising. I looked up at him.

Yeah, still as angelic as ever.

I shook my head again, telling him that it was fine as I rubbed my injured nose. He caught my cheeks in both of his hands, causing me to flinch. And before I realised, he leaned in and kissed me lightly on the tip of nose.

"... I'm sorry, Soraru-san..." he dropped another one before he added, "And I don't hate you, I can never. I just needed time to calm down,"

I put my hands over his. His touch calms my senses, and I like it a lot.

"About what?"

"E-Eh?" he widened his eyes at me. "About that diary of yours, of course. You've been writing about me, haven't you?" Oh heavens, he sounded so cute when he was stuttering.

"Hmm? I don't think I know what you're talking about," I said. "A diary?"

"Yes, a diary! The one you left at the coffee table last night!"

"... Are you sure?"

"Eh?" this was the second time he sounded so confused tonight. "B-but,"

"More importantly, when do I get to sleep with you again?" I removed his hands off my cheeks, straightened my back and pulled him up. "It's cold at night without you with me," I said quietly, trying to sound as lonely as I can so that it was more convincing. 

I stuck my forehead against his, and looked into his eyes. Mafumafu squeezed his eyes shut, refusing to look at me so I pecked him softly on his lips, causing his eyes to open in shock. I did it again, and again, until he gave me an answer.

He hugged me. Tight.

"Tonight," he said.

Guess he got tired of the chair in his room.

"Good," I said, smiling. With our fingers intertwined, I led him to our bedroom.

We both deserved a good night's sleep.

I'm glad I played dumb about it. This book is still safe with me.

A/N: This was fun to write. (I should work on the other book now xD)