Chapter 11

Screams filled the room as blood splattered on the wall. A girl wailed as blood splattered on her face, and body.

"Someone help us!" She screamed, pulling at the chains that held her wrists together; tied to the wall. She watched as the girl next to her was unchained, dropping down to her knees. She took the chance to try and crawl away as fast as she could, but she was grabbed by her hair, and pulled back.

She screamed and kicked, trying to get loose. "Let me go.. Please." She whispered, choking on sobs.

"Don't touch her!" A male screamed. "Please don't hurt her! Please!"

She gasped, wiggling and pulling harder; trying to get away. She felt a pain on her scalp as she got loose; her hair ripping out as she did.

"Danny." She whispered; limping as fast as she could to her mate. "Danny." She whispered again, pressing her lips against his.  "I love you." She whispered as another sob escaped her lips.

"I -" she gasped, the air escaping her lungs. She stumbled backwards, her hands shaking furiously as she brought them to her stomach where a Spear rested.

"No! Lizzie! How could you?!" Danny screamed, "you're a monster!" He let out a blood curdling scream as the symbol on his foot began to sting, and glow, and turn a dark nasty red.

Lizzie coughed, blood coming up. Some landed on Danny, the rest on the ground. Her eyes rolled in the back of her head, and her limp body fell.

--

Day 1

Louis stared at the TV on his wall with a hard glare. Another missing report of a group of teenagers. All mated. They were getting closer to his location, and he knew he couldn't run anymore. Now that he had a mate to protect, he knew he couldn't just up and leave. He had to do something.

He spared a glance at Harry, who had his fists clenched and his jaw locked.

"What do you think we should do?" He asks Harry, his voice quiet.

"What else can we do, Lou? We have to fight back." Harry cocked his head to the side as he stared at Louis.

"But... I can't do anything. I'm weak." Louis whispered, sinking into the couch. Harry's gaze soften; he hated seeing his best friend like this. Insecure and feeling weak.

"Louis, you aren't weak. You know that."

Louis snorts, pushing his fringe out of his eyes. "Says the angel himself." He mutters, rolling his eyes.

"Lou.."

"I know I know. I'm sorry, I can't help it."

"I don't like being called an angel. You know I wasn't born or raised there; I was born and raised here. My parents grew up there.. Just because I was born an angel doesn't make me one... I'm nothing like them." His voice dropped to a whisper.

Louis sighed, "Harry I'm sorry. I know you aren't like them.. I never said you were."

Harry shakes his head, his curls bouncing. "I know." He sighs frustrated.

"But you do know if they show up and start harming the people around us.. You will need to step in."

Harry nods, clenching his eyes shut. The vein in his neck bulging out. "I don't want too, but I have too."

-- 

Zayn wakes up to find an empty bed. He remembers Niall coming over, and they fell asleep in bed together. It takes him a moment to register the smell of food wafting through the house, and the small chit chat from downstairs. He takes a moment to himself, clearing his head of the fogginess, and wipes the dried drool off his face. Liam always thought that was cute. He thinks to himself, tears quickly making their way down his cheeks.

He wipes his eyes when he hears someone walking toward his room. He lays back quickly, watching the door intently.

"Zayn? You awake?" Niall's soft voice flows through the room, bouncing off the walls.

"Yeah." He mumbles, his voice croaky.

"Your mum made you some food; asked me to bring it up to you."

Zayn gives him a small smile, sitting up like he previously was. "Thanks, Ni."

"Don't thank me. I didn't cook it." He chuckles, moving to place the plate of food on his bed.

"Thank you for coming over last night. Really, it means a lot to me."

Niall shrugs him off, "its nothing. You're my best friend. You would have done it for me."

Zayn nods, only opening his mouth to eat. Niall takes the time to think about last night, and that car and the strange vibes he got off of it. Were they following him? If so, why? Could they be the Angel's Louis mentioned to him? If that were the case, then why didn't they grab him when they had a chance? He was alone, it was dark. No one would have saw.

Maybe they weren't after me..If not me, then Zayn? But why would they be after Zayn? Zayn has no reason to be a target.. Wait, Louis said they go after mates.. Could Zayn be the next target?

"Hey, I think we should stay in all day. You know, just relax and watch movies." Niall suggested, a nervous smile making its way on his face.

Zayn nods slowly, "sure, sounds fine to me." 

--

Liam's hands shake; he stares at them with so much horror and fear in his eyes. The blood wouldn't come off; it was staining his hands. He rubbed them under the warm water again, and then poured soap on his hands. He watched the blood mix in with the water, and wash down the drain. But his hands were still red.

His hands that caused pain and chaos. He wasn't Liam anymore. He was a murderer.