Chapter 12

Logan's POV

The flight seems too long, and bumpy. The entire time I was staring at the back of Hank's head trying to figure out what his angle was with Sapphire.

"Maybe he likes her." It was like Storm read my mind, and with that sentence a flash came to me.

~~
Boys and girls weren't taught at the same time, because as many believed, girls shouldn't learn. There was a rebellion school that taught both genders but at different times and dates. The school was called, Sky High School. The teacher who taught there was named Sky High and taught everything in every grade.

Me and my brother were playing around, and strangely his face was blank, but his voice seemed familiar. I don't know how he's my brother but labelling him as 'brother' seems right. We were outside, about five years old, and were playing around when my sister came home from her first day of school.

"How was school sis?" I had asked, seeing her beaming face.

She giggled and smiled brightly at me, "It was awesome! I met lots of friends and met a nice boy!"

My smile had faltered, "How did you meet 'em?"

"Well, he is Mr. High's son. He's nice." She explained very excitedly.

I took her hand, "And?"

"And he asked if we could be friends. There must be something wrong with him tho; his face gets pink a lot."   

My brother came to my side and smirked then put his hand on my small shoulder, "Maybe he likes you." He suggested to Sapphire.

She giggled then smiled at the ground, swirling her dress.

My face had hardened, "No one can like you, Sappy. No boy is good enough for you." My brother's hand slipped off my shirt and I felt him leave.

"What about when I'm older?" She had asked.

My face softened hearing her small voice, "Maybe, who knows. As long as he's the best guy, and you really like him and he really likes you, then it's okay."

I had wrapped my arms around her, and she welcomed the hug, "I love you Logan."

I had smiled into her neck, "Me too, Sappy. I love you too."

~~

I blinked rapidly, and this feeling bubbled up. I couldn't locate what that feeling was but it didn't feel good.

Hank's voice broke my memory and I glared at him as he spoke to the team, "This storm is hitting us hard. Storm, could you give us a hand?"

I glanced at Storm to see her yes clouded over but the storm outside continued, "I can't break it. It's not a natural storm, it's strong and not made by Mother Nature at all."

Hank sighed and I glared at him again, the feeling stuffing up, "Where are we?" I asked feeling impatient.

"We are around fifty miles to the house. It may take me half an hour to get there since this storm is slowing us down." Hank only glanced behind him to tell me, and hate built up in my stomach.

My eyebrows scrunched together, what am I feeling. Ive never felt this before. What is it?

To try and rid this feeling I mutter to myself, "I hope she's alright."

Apparently I spoke too loud and Hank heard, "Sapphire's alright, she's a strong girl. She's been through so much and before you know it, she will be back, safe in the school with all of us." His words bring that feeling back and I notice my heart beat.