Death

Cold...

It's so cold...

Where am I? How long have I been in this never ending darkness?

What happened....how did I get here?

...

My memories...so shifted. As if there's nothing left to remember...

What is wrong with me? Why can't I remember?

...

...

...

...

...

...oh that's right.

I'm dead.

---

"*sigh* Just another day in the never ending darkness, wondering why the hell I'm not in the afterlife yet."

The darkness goes away just enough to see a blond, spiky haired boy, around the age of 17 lying down in the midst of the darkness.

"I mean come on! Shouldn't Kami come and tell me whether I'm going to heaven or hell? Or am I supposed to be stuck in this rotten place to spend the rest of my non-life?Maybe I'm stuck in Limbo or something?"

He remains silent before cursing heavily.

"I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm trapped here, how long has it been anyway?"

He gets up silently and raises his chin to rest on his upholded knee. He wraps his arms around he leg as he sighs deeply pondering the self asked question.

"Mm...maybe a year? Yeah, that sounds right. Though...I don't know how there's a physical time in...wherever I am. How did I die again?"

He leans back and hits something. He silently curses under his breath once more and turns so that he can rest along the invisible wall.

"Mm...I remember now. It was the Akatsuki."

Flashback

A blond, spiky haired boy, around the age of 17 lay down in a tent fast asleep dreaming about things like ramen and being Hokage.

"Hey Naruto!"  He opens his eyes lazily to see a rather tall man with fair skin. He has a wart on the left side of his nose and waist-length, spiky white hair with two shoulder-length bangs framing his face. There are red lines under his eyes which extend all the way to the bottom of his face. His attire consistes of a green short shirt kimono and matching pants, under which he wears mesh armour that is visible at his wrists and ankles. He also wears hand guards, a black belt, traditional Japanese wooden sandals and a red haori with two yellow circles on each side.

The man smiles and Naruto and he sleepily smiles back.

"Yes, Pervy Sage?" He asks tiredly, still blinking sleep out of his eyes.

"It's time to head back. We've completed the mission." He says smiling happily.

"Hai, hai, I'm coming." He replies getting up and stretching his arms while yawning.

Jiraiya, Pervy Sage, leaves to go do his usual things, probably 'research', leaving Naruto to do the usual packing.

He starts to pack, putting things away in his scrolls.

After a few minutes of packing he stiffens hearing a sound that doesn't resemble that of his sensei. He starts to turn around only to jump in shock when a hand is placed over his mouth and a rag placed over his face.

He struggles and tries to scream out only to stop as he face plants on the ground, his eyes struggling to stay open.

Before his eyes shut  he notices movement to his right. He slowly turns to see black robes with red clouds.

His eyes widen in shock before weakly closing, never to be opened in the mortal world again.

Flashback End

"They must have ripped the Kyuubi out of me... But what of Jiraiya? What happened to him?"

His answer was met with silence.

"...I'm such a baka. Why am I talking to myself? Have I become deranged at the lack of people to talk to?"

Tears start to streak down his face, and he makes no move to brush them away.

He starts to sob incoherently clutching his knees in anguish.

"WHY ME? WHY DID KAMI HAVE TO CURSE ME SO?!" He cries out, his sobbing increasing.

After a few minutes of sobbing he stops seeing a light out of the corner of his eye.

He looks up to see a white door appear in the middle of the darkness.

Naruto hastily wipes away his tears and gets up, all the while looking at the door in wonder.

"Is this Kami playing a cruel trick on my soul? Or am I hallucinating from grief?" He asks to himself slowly reaching his hand to the door stopping to look at the engraving on the door.

"Edo...Tensei." He mutters his eyes narrowing in confusion, before his eyes quickly widen in shock.

"Is...is someone summoning me to the mortal world through that bastardized technique?!" He shouts only to stop as his eyes gain a dangerously distant look.

"Maybe...maybe I can see them again...Just once more..." He mutters reaching towards the door and gripping the handle.

"Yes...I'll see them again...my friends..." He moves the handle and the door opens revealing a white room.

He enters without hesitation and the door shuts behind him.

He closes his eyes waiting for the inevitable. Only to open them to see his mindscape.

'Yes...I'm back.'