Chapter 27: Ridiculous Argument

Astro decided to take a walk around Metro City. He figured it would help.

As he went on his stroll, he noticed everything seemed normal. The kids were playing on the sidewalks. Parents were chatting and joking with one another. Teenagers were being stupid, but they were having fun.

This must be the only safest part of the city, Astro thought.

He continued walking along. All the sudden, a certain someone let out a wild scream.

"Astro!" a girl voice called from behind him.

Astro gasped. as he turned around. He ran to where the screaming was coming from. Two robots were standing in front of someone. To his surprise, it was Riley.

Those two robots didn't look like they came to say a friendly 'hello'. Instead, it seemed like they meant business.

The tallest, baddest robot was holding Riley high up into the air. He had his arm back. His hand was in a fist.

Riley squinted her eyes shut. She faced her head the opposite direction, bracing herself for what was coming.

Astro didn't like what he was seeing. He had to do something.

"Hey! Over here!" Astro called.

The robots and Riley looked at him.

"Clearly you two have forgotten about the Three Laws of Robotics. You can't hurt a human," said Astro.

The biggest robot frowned.

Astro shot it a glare. "And according to those laws, a robot cannot allow any harm to come to a human. I'm going to have to ask you to let her go," he demanded.

"Or what?" the robot asked him with a devilish smile.

Astro smiled as he made a fist with both his hands. He cracked his knuckles. "Well, then its a good thing the three laws didn't include anything on robot on robot violence," Astro threatens.

You tell him, Astro! Riley thought.

The robot pointed at accusing metal finger at Astro. "You're going down! There's no way you can take me on!" he snaps.

A sly, sneaky smile grew on Astro's face. "Try me," he encourages.

That's when the fight began. Astro and the robot threw punches and kicks. The robot was tough. Riley could say there was no way he could keep up. . . or so she thought.

Astro grabbed the giant robot, twirled in the air super fast. Then he let go of the robot, blasting it who-knows-where.

The other robot stared in surprise. His rusty metal body started clanking.

Astro fixed his gaze on the other robot.

The robot quickly ran away, as fast as it could.

Now Riley was safe. For now.

Riley smiled at him. "Thanks."

Astro was not happy to see her. Not here. Not now. Not while Metro City was falling to its knees. Well, it literally already fell to its knees last year during his battle with the Peacekeeper, but  scientists did get the city back up in the sky.

"Astro?" Riley asks.

Astro frowned at her. "What the heck are you doing here?!" he snapped.

"I-I wanted to see you."

Astro rolled his eyes. He crossed his arms and tapped his foot in an irritated fashion. 

"I swear," Astro muttered, "you were supposed to stay in San Francisco! I don't want you getting hurt! It's too dangerous here in Metro City!"

Riley frowned. "I'm sorry, okay? I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'M FINE, WOMAN! Perfectly fine!" Astro shouted.

Riley had never seen Astro angry before. "I guess I pushed your buttons a little," she says, quietly.

"A little?! Riley, those robots were about to break the laws of robotics! They could've hurt you! If I hadn't stepped in and-" Astro snapped some more.

Riley frowned. "I know! I know it was stupid and dangerous, and I know I shouldn't be out here on my own. But that doesn't mean I can't defend myself!" she started yelling.

"But what if you get hurt?" Astro shouts.

Riley crossed her arms and frowned. "I don't think I like seeing this side of you," she snapped.

Astro frowned at her. "You wouldn't have to see this side of me if you just stayed home!" he argued.

He groaned as he put his hand on his nose in frustration. "This is ridiculous," he muttered.

"This argument we are having right now is ridiculous!" Riley shouted at him.

Astro gave her a rude smile. "I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!" Astro yelled.

"Why are you being so over-protective of me all the sudden?!" Riley shouted, angrily.

Astro frowned. "Because I care about you too much to lose you," Astro argued.

He heaved a sigh. "If you got hurt, I'd never forgive myself," Astro added.

Riley gave him a good stare. "Astro," she says.

The robot boy frowned at her. "That's why I wanted you to stay home. It's too dangerous here in Metro City," said Astro.

"Hey. I'm not afraid as long as you're there beside me," Riley says.

Astro smiled sweetly at her. The two teens hugged each other for a moment.

Whatever was going to happen, no matter what kind of villain they'd face, Astro promised to be there to protect Riley.