Zach Dempsey (2)

I stared at him from the bleachers. He was having the night of his life. He was having the night of his life without me. Now I know why regret is always in the end. I sat here, just staring at him while he was partying. The moment I knew it, our eyes met and I quickly turned away. 'The Night We Met' came on and it made my heart break even more.

"I am not the only traveler," The song started and I covered my eyes with my hands. No. I'm not gonna cry. Even if my heart was breaking into a billion pieces. I looked down at the court and saw Clay and Hannah dancing to the song. Hey, at least someone was enjoying. I sighed before getting up and went out of the court.

I made my way to the bathroom, avoiding the couples who were making out. That was until I saw the one and only Zach Dempsey making out with a girl, who was wearing a short blue cocktail dress that was almost up her waist. I felt my stomach sink at the view and my heart drop. I felt numb that I couldn't even move.

"Mmm... Zach.. Am I better than your bitchy ex?" The girl asked Zach and I hid behind the lockers. Zach pulled away and let go of the girl. "No one can be better than her. Don't call her a bitch." Zach said before leaving the girl and the girl tried to run after him.

My heart fluttered because somehow, he fought for me even though he was in a heavy make out session with that slut. A smile appeared on my face before going back to the court. I saw him. The one and only Zach Dempsey, sitting alone in the bleachers, where I was once sat, while a slow song is playing.

I swallowed my pride and made my way over him. My heart was thumping out my chest and my hands felt shaky. I finally made it and sat down next to him. "Fun Formal, right?" I asked him and he looked at me. Fuck. Those eyes, I missed them so much. "Yeah. Would've been fun if I was still with you..." He whispered the last part so I didn't really hear what he said.

"Wanna..." I stopped and swallowed the lump forming on my throat. Y/N you can do this. "Do you... Umm... Maybe wanna-" He cut me off by saying, "Dance with you? I'd love too, Y/N." He smiled and I can feel myself jumping and cheering on the inside. I felt my stomach do a flip before I smiled at him.

We stood up and he took my hand, pulling me on the grounds.

He placed his hands around my waist and I put mine on his shoulders. He stared at my eyes; and I swear, I saw them shine; before leaning in.

Our lips were centimeters away when he stopped and mumbled "I love you, Y/N.", before placing his lips on mine.