Chapter 1

"Emiko! Can we stop now?" A little boy asked the girl that stood by the net, the ball she spiked hitting the court with a lot of force.

"No, Tobio, i need to keep practicing if i want to get into Shiratorizawa Academy when i graduate!" Emiko responded to the boy, her blue eyes filled with determination that gave Tobio more energy.

"Ok, sis. Let's both go there one day!" Tobio shouted, sending his sister a big smile.

"That's a promise, Tobio!" Emiko shouted back and threw a ball at him so he could set it for her. The ball flew to him, and when his fingers connected with it, it was sent up once again. As her brother did this, Emiko run at the net and jumped, hitting the ball with incredible power. The ball was so fast that it made Tobio wonder how he set it. But now he knew that his sister was a force to be reckoned with, and he was happy she was his sister.

~five years later~

"Good luck, Tobio!" Emiko told her brother, ruffling his hair just before they walked into the courts for the junior high athletics meet.

"Stop that, Emiko." he grumbled pushing her away as his team mates from  Kitagawa  Daiichi high sniggered at him.

"Ok, but i hope you know that you won't be spared from practice later." she grinned at him, a devilish aura surrounding her. He gulped slightly and nodded. His sister's practices were hard but they did help a lot, and he was glad she still helped him and the team, even though she was now at Shiratorizawa academy. "I'll be back before your first game starts, go warm up." she told her brother and walked away, holding her black sports bag in her hands. Her figure disappeared as she rounded the corner.

Later on she walked by the bathroom where three second years from Kitagawa Daiichi stood, filling up their water bottles, teasing a small boy with orange hair. Before she could interject, Tobio spoke up from behind her. "Hey, second-year. It's time for the official warm up." His voice was cold as he towered over everyone. His face set in a glare. The second years grumbled about Kageyama, continuing to fill up their bottles."Sis, be back in a bit, the match is going to start and coach will most likely want to talk to you." he added turning around about to walk away.

"Hurry up. Two more energy drinks." one of the second years said to the others as Tobio walked away. Emiko started walking in the opposite direction from him, still wanting to get a few things done. 

"We don't need to drink that much, just look at our opponent." the other second year said, making both Kageyama siblings stop.

"Second-years! If you think you are good enough to look down on your opponent then you are dead wrong. The second you underestimate someone, is the second you loose. Now go back, and if i hear anything else you won't be on the bench next year as well." Emiko said, her voice dangerously calm.

"Don't ride on the coattails of the school's reputation." Tobio added with a glare as the second years run of.

"I was going to tell them a thing or two myself, too." The kid said, making Emiko giggle quietly.

"You're not even physically ready. Don't talk big." Tobio snarled out, surprising Emiko a bit. Sure, she knew that he wasn't the adorable ten year old that would laugh at everything anymore, but she would have hoped that he would be a bit nicer. "That's why they look down on you."

"What did you say?" The kid asked, anger evident in his voice as he held his stomach.

"What are you doing here anyway? Making memories?" Tobio asked, making the boy angrier.

"I'm here to win! Nothing else." The boy told Tobio who glared at him. Tobio walked towards him about to say something else.

"Tobio, don't be so mean." Emiko interjected, and walked towards her brother. "Go back to the court for the official warm up. I don't want you to hurt yourself." Tobio gave a small glare at her but it didn't seem to faze her in the slightest. In return she raised one eyebrow at him, making him turn around and walk away. The orange haired boy didn't know what to say, the girl that just helped him was in the Kitagawa Daiichi clothes, so she must know the king of the court, but why would she help him? "Sorry about my brother, he can be a bit of an ass sometimes." she spoke suddenly, a distant look in her blue eyes. Now that the boy thought about it, the two did look very similar, they both had black hair and dark blue eyes.

"I-Uh." he stuttered out, making Emiko laugh.

"I wish you luck with your games, but winning is not that easy. You may have height or you may have a good jump, but it won't always help. Experience plays a big part in winning. I suggest once you graduate go to a school that can get you some experience." She told him with a warm smile and walked away, in the same direction that Tobio went of to. In the distance she heard someone calling Sho-chan, which she assumed was the boy she just left.

After reaching the courts she put down her bag and helped with the warm up. She heard loads of volleyballs hitting the courts and lots of talking from the crowd as they cheered on their teams. "Tobio, make sure that you are setting how the spikers wants, it's them who need to be able to hit it." she critiqued Tobio's setting, making him glare at the ground. They continued spiking and setting as she watched them. She noticed that Tobio still wasn't doing what she told him. Emiko sighed, he always ignored her advice when it came to his teammates. Tobio needed to do it his way, the unspoken rule was that it was his way or the highway, and most of his teammates were now considering taking the highway. 

The games soon began, and Kitagawa Daiichi was playing against the orange haired boy's team. They all were very short and seemed to lack experience, but the determination in the orange haired boy's eyes made her want to look at him, and cheer him on. The match starts, and it doesn't look to good for the boy's team, Kitagawa Daiichi keep scoring points, showing that the other team has no chance.