"Wanted" (The Runaways Series Book #2) Teaser Chapter

A/N:

Hey guys,

I've officially decided to write a sequel to The Runaways, called "Wanted" which continues Hailey and Caleb's story a year after this book takes place. I'm hoping to bring you guys just as much action, suspense and down right romance as possible! I'm excited to share a teaser from the first  chapter with you below, so check it out and feel free to vote, comment, and share with friends if you like it! I'll be writing & gradually posting the full sequel on Wattpad so stay tuned & follow me for updates on the sequel release! More to come soon!  

                                                          ***

Caleb

I kicked a man’s face in tonight.

He lost a tooth and I lost my girlfriend.

She said I should’ve apologized, that I should’ve regretted beating the smirk off a stranger who said he’d kissed her. But I didn’t, I couldn’t, ‘cause he wasn’t a stranger to her. I would’ve walked away from a liar. Problem was, he’d only told the truth.

It was Hailey who hadn’t been

An hour ago, she’d had her eyes on the same guy sitting two tables down. I’d let it slide, ‘cause the girl I’d risked my life for wouldn’t do that to me.

She looked beautiful, like always, her pretty brown bangs swept across her face, faint blush in her cheeks, and her little pink lips pursed but still tempting enough to kiss like crazy.  

We’d made it a year together and I still could lose myself to her in seconds, but she was somewhere else, somewhere I couldn’t follow.

            “You okay, Hailey?” 

She snapped out of her staring contest with the stranger and shifted her focus back to me.

            “Yeah, I’m fine. I guess I’m just getting used to being out in the real world again, we haven’t eaten anywhere like this in a while.” 

           “Do you wanna go home? We can get out of here if you want. I just thought we should do something special tonight."

She slid her hand across the table and tangled her fingers between mine. 

            “No, I’m glad we came. I’m impressed. You hate fancy restaurants." 

            “I do. But I’ve got a fancy girl so I figure I could treat her every once in a while.”

I reached into my pocket and fumbled a little blue box I’d spent the last couple months saving up to buy. Georgia and I had a long conversation about what I could get Hailey as an anniversary gift. I was gonna make her a chair, but Georgia said girls fell in love with jewelry a lot faster than they would furniture. I took her suggestion.

            “I know you don’t like me spending my money left and right, but I figured now’s a good a time as any to get you something—“ 

I slid the jewelry box across the table and waited for her to notice, to smile, to laugh, to say something, but her eyes were somewhere else, on someone else, so I shoved her promise ring right back into my pocket.

             “Is he bothering you, Hailey?”

            “Who?” 

            “That guy you keep—the one who’s been staring at you since we got here.”

She brushed her bangs out of her eyes and did that crazy blinking thing she does whenever she’s nervous. She shouldn’t have been.