Chapter 21 - Messing About

Running towards the mountain, (Y/N) spots Sam just about to climb the cliff. "Sam, wait!" She shouts, making him turn and pull his gun out.

"(Y/N)? What the hell are you doing here?" He asks, jumping back down and holstering it again. Holding up a hand, she leans over. "Give me a sec."

"If you're here to drag me back, you're wasting your time."

The younger woman doesn't respond and he sighs, waiting for her head to look back up and he repeats his sentence, making her shake her head: ''I know I can't drag you back so I'm coming to help you.'' She then points to the ledge behind. "Come on then. We gotta get there quick."

Walking around, (Y/N) takes a look back at the footprints and Sam studies over the edge. "Nate'll be able to follow that." She states and he rolls his eyes, swinging across and not waiting for her until he needs her.

''Charmer.'' She mutters and he hoists her on to the ledge and she lies down, letting her arm dangle over the edge. "If you hurry up, we might actually get there in the next few hours." She then jokes.

"Yeah. Yeah." He grumbles back, walking ahead once he was up.

"Where now?" (Y/N) asks, noticing the dead end and Sam frowns, looking around before smirking. "Just follow my lead."

"And this is how I die." She mutters whilst he hooks his rope on the thin tree branch and he climbs up a tiny bit before swinging and jumping across.

"Oh, so up there?" She calls, joining him at the top to see him already swinging across the massive gap to the other side. "Jeez, someone's excited." (Y/N) yells, but he keeps going and she tries to keep up his pace. 

As she climbs up, she spots him climbing around the edge of the mountain. "You're kidding me." (Y/N) breathes but follow nonetheless. Taking the lead now, she climbs the various ledges and presses herself against the cliff side, with Sam letting out a laugh. "Now who's excited?" He repeats her earlier words.

"Oh, so you actually heard that?" She jokes, jumping up and he chuckles once more, following behind. She jumps across and walks to the small camp, catching her breath.

"We haven't got time to stop and look at things, princess." Sam tells her, swinging across.

"We haven't got time to stop and look at things, princess." (Y/N) imitates, doing hand actions and mocking him but he goes ahead, leaving her behind. "Sam? Come on, slow down!" She shouts, rounding the corner to see him staring at a wooden bridge.

"Come on." (Y/N) says, pushing him on her way past. Once she walks over, the middle breaks and she runs, making it to the other side. Turning back, Sam is already  glaring at her. "Are you serious?"

"Karma!" 

"For what?"

"Running ahead." She smirks and he shakes his head, muttering under his breath but managing to make it. "It wasn't a big gap." She mouths once he brushes past.

"Great, I missed these." Sam ignores her, groaning and indicating to the mud slide and they both go down. At the bottom, (Y/N) points to the bridge. "Another stable looking thing."

"Of course." Sam replies, already walking across it.

"Jeez, don't wait up." She states and he shrugs, carrying on his pace. "Okay."

"I was joking!" Hurriedly, she walks across as he begins laughing. He abruptly stops, making her bump into him. "What now?"

"I've never told you this, but... uh..." Sam trails off and (Y/N) sighs. "Spit it out, Sammy, we haven't got time."