Chapter 15

*Third POV*

Stiles is currently researching on his computer about what berserkers are. Even if Peter and Derek gave them the important information, maybe they were missing something. Stiles opened a new tab and typed in 'Berserkers and werejaguars'. Stiles comes across a web page that has a painting that looks exactly like the berserker him and Scott fought off earlier that day. The only different thing about the painting is that this one looked more like a bear. The caption read:

'Berserkers are the result of a living human vessel that is inhabited by an animal spirit, the bear, and so they become like the bear. By encasing themselves in garments consisting of a bear's pelt or bones, the vessel channels the animal spirit and imbues himself with the bear's nature, strength and ferocity.

Berserkers are instinctively loyal to, can be conjured and commanded by and serve the supernatural being known as La Loba, or werejaguar.

These Berserkers are dressed in elaborate but crude armor constructed out of bone, wear skulls over their heads and faces, are armed with a detachable bone blades on their right arms, and outfitted with claws on their left.'

Stiles sighs as he closes his laptop. There wasn't much new information, but berserkers sound terrifying. When Stiles fought one of the horrid creatures with Scott, at first he thought they were going to die. Thankfully, they managed to defeat the thing, but only barely. Stiles suddenly heard the front door being open and his dad shouting in greeting.

Stiles didn't bother to get up from bed since his dad is going to pass through his room anyway. After a minute, the Sheriff gently knocks on Stiles' door. "Come in." Stiles says and his dad opens the door slightly.

"Hey kiddo, how was school?" His dad asks, leaning against the wooden frame of the door.

Stiles argues inside his head whether he should tell his dad about the berserkers or not. In the end, Stiles decides to tell him. His dad is going to find out sooner or later. It might as well be from Stiles' mouth. Plus, he doesn't want to be grounded for more time than he already is.

"Um, well, if you call fighting off a monster at school good, then I guess it was a good day." Stiles answers after a few moments, plastering an obvious fake smile on his face. The Sheriff's expression grows worried. He folds his arms over his chest and walks further into the room.

"You what?" The Sheriff asks with disbelief, voice a pitch higher than usual.

"Don't freak out, okay? I can explain. I promise I didn't upset some terrifying monster that could destroy all of Beacon Hills." Stiles replies, quickly sitting up and pushing his laptop to the side.

"Then tell me, Stiles. Why the hell did you fight off a monster? Are you hurt?" The Sheriff asks in stern tone, but his voice is also laced with concern for his only son.

"I'm fine, Dad. I heal, remember? Anyway, Scott was there with me. We fought off the monster together. I have no idea why it was here, but I'm going to guess it has something to do with the werejaguar, Kate Argent. Yeah, the resurrected psycho hunter that I was telling you about a few days ago." Stiles tells his dad.

"The crazy psychos have a tendency to be resuscitated apparently." Stiles adds. Sheriff Stilinski rolls his eyes.

"Get to the point, Stiles. What was this monster? Did anyone get hurt?" The Sheriff asks impatiently, not in the mood for Stiles' jokes or sarcasm.

"They are called berserkers, the creatures are basically controlled by Kate, and yeah a freshmen girl was scratched. I think she's fine now though, maybe a little traumatized that she saw one of the many things that go bump at night in flesh and bone." Stiles explains.