Chapter Two

Noah woke up around 11 am, pissed that we didn't wake him up. But when the others weren't looking he shot me a thankful look. Millie and Finn resurfaced and hour later, both blushing madly and Finn's hand around her waist, not just for support. She gave me a thumbs up and I returned it, gaining a sympathetic look from Noah. The others may think he's stone-cold but to me he's the most loving person and best friend ever. "I'm gonna go make lunch. Sadie?" He walked back to the house and I followed him. "She's clueless. She has no idea what she's doing to you and you should change that." He said, leaning on the counter. "Noah, I can't do that. She'll tell Finn and he'll try to kill me."
"You saying you can't handle Wolfhard?" He asked, grabbing bread and jam. "Of course I can handle him, he can't even carry Millie."
"Then what's the problem?"
"Well if I beat up Finn, that would hurt him. It'd also give Mills a reason to hate me and same goes for Caleb and Gaten."
"They won't hate you. They'll never hate any of us. You know that."
"But still. Noah, what do I do?"
"You know, Sadie, sometimes you just have to suck it up and keep it in. And sometimes you have to gather the courage to just say it. I'm sticking with say it but it's your choice."
"Thanks, Noah."
"Also thank you. For getting me to sleep."
"You're welcome." I held out my arms, asking for a hug. He scoffed but wrapped his arms around me, giving me a tight hug. "I can't breathe." I squeaked, barely making a noise. He laughed softly before calling the others to lunch. "Why don't you just bring the food out here?" Gaten yelled back, probably still laying in the sun. "Do you want to eat a wasp?" I yelled at him, reminding him of last time we ate outside. "On my way!" He yelled and less than ten seconds later we were all gathered in the living room. Gaten and Millie both on the couch because of their injured legs. Finn sat on the floor in front of Millie, leaning against her legs as she occasionally absentmindedly played with his hair. Gaten was just eating and staring out the window and Caleb, Noah, and I were having a heated discussion about unicorns. "I'm telling you, they have wings." Caleb told us for the nth time. "Oh my god, Caleb, have you ever payed attention to any fairytale?" I asked him, stuffing my mouth with bread. "I have, have you?"
"Not since I was five."
"Exactly."
"But I remember the old ones even better because I clung to them."
"Ugh." Caleb rolled his eyes at me. "Unicorns don't have wings. You're thinking of a pegasus. Pegasus was a flying horse from Greek mythology." Noah said, causing Caleb to raise his eyebrows. "What? We were taught mythology." I said, shrugging. Noah and Caleb talked a bit more but I'd lost interest; Finn and Millie had gotten up and went outside. I looked at them, gaining raised eyebrows from everyone left in the room. "Sads, you're being obvious." Gaten spoke up, waking me from my trance. "I'm not that obvious."
"You really are." Caleb said, backing Gaten up. Noah nodded as I rolled my eyes, eating my bread without saying a word. "You're gonna have to tell her. Everyone knows but her." Gaten said after a quiet minutes. "There's more stuff that we all know but she doesn't. Let's keep it that way or I tell her everything her parents have done." Noah's eyes widened slightly, unnoticeable by the others. "They're dead, Sadie, let it go." Caleb said, getting tired of me. "They ruined my life and now I like their daughter." I said, getting up and running outside and into the woods. Finn and Millie stopping their snogging to look at me with a shocked expression. But I ignored them and kept running.

I stopped running about half an hour later, silently thanking god for all the cardio I'd been doing. I laid down in the clearing I'd stopped in and fell asleep in the sun less than ten minutes later. After half an hour I woke up because I heard unfamiliar footsteps approach me. I got up and walked back to the trees, away from the sound, without making a single noise. I pulled my knife out of my boot and crouched down in the grass. A few seconds later a man stepped into the clearing. He seemed around 30 years old and had a gun and a dead rabbit with him. A hunter. I stood up, knowing I could take him, and walked into the clearing. "Who are you." I near-growled, pulling his gaze from the sky to myself. "I could ask you the same thing." He replied, reaching for the knife on his belt. I crossed the clearing and knocked him to the ground with my knife to his throat in no time. "I said, who are you."
"I'm Dave."
"Dave what."
"Dave Shaw."
"What are you doing here."
"Hunting."
"Why here."
"I'd been told this was a good hunting ground."
"By whom."
"No one."
I put my knife even closer to his throat, cutting open the skin slightly.
"By a man, Matthew. He told me to go here."
"And what's Matthew's last name."
"Modine. I'm here for his niece. He told me to find her and that he knew she was in these woods somewhere."
"And what's his niece's name." I growled.
"Millie."
I loosened my grip slightly. "Millie?"
"Yes, you know her?"
"In a way."
"Could you take me to her?"
I sighed. "I have to blindfold you, then I can."
"Do you have to?"
"Yes I have to. Do you have any idea who I am."
"You're Sadie Sink, mass murderer and wanted for that and treason."
"Let me fix that. I'm Sadie Sink, forced to kill by the King after being kidnapped and trained to do so. Wanted for not killing a little girl." I knocked him out with the back of my knife and stood up. I blindfolded him and started carrying him back to the house, thanking god for the strength I possessed.