Scene 3: Jokes

"Freddy, you know I'm joking when I says some things right?"

Freddy looked over at me from his stage. "Of course! Why?"

I sigh, leaning against the wall with exhaustion. "I don't know. Some people just...change everything I say into something worse..." I explain softly. My gaze shifted from the ceiling to an approaching Freddy.

"What do you mean?" He reached his hand out to me. "Come on, come sit with me and let's talk about it."

I smile, taking his hand and slowly standing up. I walked over to the stage with Freddy as I held his hand. We stopped and sat together, and he pulled me into a soft, gentle hug.

"Now, tell me everything," he said gently, patting my back.

"Well, it just seems that, whatever I say, despite it being a joke and me being silly or what not, everyone takes it the wrong way," I explain to the bear.

He tilted his head. "Do they not get it's a joke?" he wondered.

"I guess not," I tell him. "I even tell them I was being silly but they just...continue to change it again and again." I sigh and lean into his side. I stare at the floor, "It makes me want to not talk to anyone about anything."

"I see," he said lowly with pity. "Well, you know I understand your jokes."

I chuckle and nod. "Yeah, and I appreciate that." I smile up at him. "You're always there for me. Thank you," I thank him softly, hugging his warm, metal side.

He flushed pink and smiled back, welcoming my hug with his own. "Don't worry, you know I'll always be here for you."

I nod again, "I do."

"What was the joke about?" Freddy asked a moment after.

"Oh, well, I was just telling how my friend was into this guy and he admitted the same to her," I began, "And then he was with another girl minutes later. I was telling my friend that 'not to worry, I would beat him up' in a playful, protective way. At the time it was funny to us. It wasn't to my parents I guess." I sighed, "My parents  are a different story."

Freddy hugged me tightly. "Don't worry about them. You're still funny to me!" He said goofily, making me laugh with him.

"Thanks, Freddy."