Mark

Ros (Katya) POV

I kissed him. That was all I ever wanted. I want to be here with Wren and be happy. But an Element never gets a happily ever after, because after the last Element awakens the packs begin a  war. Every Alpha wants the strongest heir. This is the deadly truth as, as soon as the Alphas find out that this time there are female Elements (a few hundred years ago they were all male) they will hunt them down and force them to mate with them. Not caring if they have a mate. It hits me like a car crash. Spinning and crushed, I cry and Wren wraps his warm, pine-smelling arms around me, pulling me into him. I can't give him what he wants. Wren wants a mate who can run his pack by his side. I cannot. For I have my duty as an Element to fufill. Wren wants a mate who can love him with no end. I cannot . I have other males chasing after me, and it's hard to love when others seek it for themselves. Wren wants a mate who can bare his pups. I cannot. My pups could be dangerous and vulnerable to the other Alphas who seek me.
"Wren..." I begin quietly in a scratchy voice. The tears have stopped and now I just press my face into his chest, seeking the comfort only he can provide. He coos me with a voice like velvet, whispering sweet nothings into my ear as his nose nuzzles my neck and inhales my scent. Raspy and crazed, Alpha Daniel calls across the crowd,"Let her go NOW!!! She is MINE and only MINE!! Release sweet, sweet Rosie," his voice directed strictly to us. Wren tightens his hold on me and I shudder at the thought of ever being no ones but Wrens. Eve though he would be better off rejecting me and finding a new mate, I can't and won't let him go. A new scent echoes from the surrounding forest and many wolves break from the shadows. A pack. Wren's pack. My pack. Our pack.
They lurch forward and advance towards Alpha Daniel, who seems as surprised as we are, the other pack members clear. Some even running for the cover of their home. Alpha Daniel turns and shifts, catching all of guard, but unexpectedly he didn't fight. He ran. He ran into the darkness of the woods, some of our pack wolves chasing in pursuit.
All the wolves surrounded us as Wren clung to me like I was going to disappear if he let go. I hugged him back. It zipped through me like a bolt of lightning, immense pain radiating from my neck. Right where Wren had his mouth. The pain turned to a light tingle, that made me want to giggle.
Then I realised what he had done. He had marked me.