Chapter 1: Welcome to Overwatch

"And here is were you'll be staying!"

You walked into the medium sized room, turning your back towards the bed and smiling as you examined the room around you.

This is so cool...you whispered to yourself.

"Thank you so much Dr.Zeigler!" You said looking at her eyes full of hope and a smile that could brighten the darkest nights.

Dr.Ziegler's face lit up and smiled at your childish joy as she watched you turn towards your bed and set your bag down.

"It's my pleasure (y/n), and you are a member of the overwatch team, please call me either angela or mercy."

You turned towards angela and smiled.

"Mercy huh? Thats a cool name."

"We have codenames here at overwatch, names we go by on the battlefield mostly. Im sure you'll get your name soon (y/n)."

"Thats so cool!" You got all giddy at the thought of yourself on the front line.

"*giggles* well (y/n) i'll let you unpack your things and set up, your one on one practice will start tomorow to test your skills and abilities; for now, relax explore the building and meet your collegues."

You smiled at the glowing lady in the door way.

"Thank you angela." You said before glancing down at your bag.

"You are very welcome (y/n)" She said taking one step out of the door frame before realizing something...

"Oh and (y/n)....."

You look back up from your bag to look at her.

"Welcome to overwatch..." She had said with a sweet yet serious tone and a smile that told you to be prepared.

You felt your heart rate increase at the sound of her words and the look of her serious nature.

You nodded smiling as she left the door frame only to walk off into the hallway.

For the past 3 years...your goal was to join overwatch and help defend and protect people who couldn't defend themselves. Ever since that horrible lab experiment....you vowed to help others in need...no matter the cost.

You walk over to close the door so you could get some peace as you get things set up in your room

///

"He's in here!" You heard a female voice outside the door. As you looked up from folding your clothes and glance at the door.

"Oh man trace' im nervous!" The other voice was a man's

"Ah rubbish! Dont be nervous love! Here i'll knock!" As soon as you heard the voice stop and approach the door to knock, you opened the door quickly and smiled. They instantly got startled at the sight and jumped back a little.

"Oh goodness love! You startled me there!" The female cried out chuckling. She had messy hair and a tank on with dark blue jeans and red flip flops.

"*chuckles* Im sorry i couldn't help myself when i heard you two whispering outside the door." You say tilting your head and smiling.

"Oh! You heard that?" The one next to her said scratching the back of his neck in embaressment. He was black with big dreadlocks portruding from the top of his head. He also wore a tank but with brown shorts and some jordans.

"Ha, ya" You say with a cute smile.

"Well if it isn't to much we'd like to introduce ourselfs to the newest member of overwatch! My name is lena or tracer out on the battlefields and his is lucio on and off the battlefield! We're so excited for you to join our calvalry love!" She said with excitment as you watched her say that with not only her mouth but, her facial expressions and her non stop hand movements. You could tell she was really excited.

"Ya! What's your name my guy?" Lucio followed gesturing a hand at you to emphisize his question.

"Ha, my names (y/n), don't have a codename on the battlfield yet but, mercy said i will soon!"

"Sweet love!" You really started to enjoy her brittish accent, " Im sure you'll get one eventually!" Smiling a big smile towards the new soldier. She then went wide eyed when she looked past you towards your wall a noticed pride flag hanging up on the wall.

"Wow! I hope you dont mind me asking love but, are you by chance gay?"

You closed your eyes and smiled, moving your head downwards at the relalization of tracer looking at your colorful flag.

You chuckle a bit, " You're fine lena, yes i am gay."

Lucio had no idea, he couldn't see the flag due to you blocking his line of sight into the room.

"Where did that question come from trace'?"

"He has a flag silly!" Pointing to the flag in the back. Lucio positioned himself to look at the flag and realized her reasoning, "Ahh!" lucio said.

"Does it bother you guys?..."

Tracer taken back by your words became suprised.

"Oh love not in the slightest! Im gay myself! Im honestly happy to see someone other than me in here, likes the same sex!"

You smiled at lena's words.

"Sweet!" You said getting gitty again.

Lucio smiled at your reaction then came to the realization of future plans for today.

"Oh crap! Trace', we gotta go help rein' get his head out of his new helmet!"

Your eyes widened as you processed the words going through your ear and into your brain.

"Oh shoot! Your right! (Y/N)! We'd love to show you a tour around the place and introduce you to your teammates around here, after we help get reinhardts head out of his helmet."

You looked towards tracer with a questionable face.

"...oh goodness love, its a long story. Shortened version he got a new plated helmet and it turned out to be too small."

You laughed a little at the thought of someone getting there head stuck in a helmet.

"Well i hope he's ok!"

"Oh he'll be fine. Gotta run! Talk to you later love!" Tracer said running off. Lucio followed close behind waving at you, "See you in a bit my guy!"

You waved back and smiled at the two adorable duo.

You walk back into your room keeping a smile on your face realizing that you were gonna be fine here and meet some amazing people.